Music, my life. | Teen Ink

Music, my life.

By Becca987 BRONZE, San Diego, California
Becca987 BRONZE, San Diego, California

I put those headphones in, and I drown out the world. The music flows into my ears, through every nerve in my body, touching the very depths of my soul. Every word relating to my life, I pull it in and interpret it. The lyrics are the very best part. The music may sweep you away, but those lyrics are the only barrier between outside conversations and my world. 

The piano strikes the first notes, and I forget. All my worries, gone in a flash. The notes grasp me, and I float along the staves like a light bubble. My only joy, music is my loophole, my link to understanding why things happen. I study the secret messages, refusing to believe that words are only words. 

Frustration when there seems to be no story; satisfaction when every part has been torn apart and fully analyzed. There was never one who had such a high number of song plays as I have. I swear I could play all of these songs on any instrument by heart, if I ever left this bliss otherwise called music. 

I've never met anyone as obsessed as I am. Maybe that's why I'm so alone.  I would die if life was in silence. I can't stand it. Teachers discovered I can't take a test without earbuds in my ears and my iPod blasting. I just couldn't get through it. I'm supposedly faking, but anyone who's met me has seen me with music. The few who have had the pain of seeing me without it have never questioned my love again. Let me tell you, it's not pretty.

Music takes me away. Away to a world of my imagination where there's a content lack of nosy parents, annoying baby sister cries, and goth brother guitar screeching. No thoughts of boyfriends, just me and my music. No social standards or snickers of judgement, just me and my music. 

Bliss. 
Happiness.
Love.
Joy.

And the best part about it is that it's all mine. The only thing in my life that I can control. Music is my life.