How does it Feel? | Teen Ink

How does it Feel?

By eav42 BRONZE, La Mesa, California
eav42 BRONZE, La Mesa, California

I walked down the hall, a dark lane of memories. How did it become like this, I thought to myself. Everyday it was peace until she went away, my best friend... gone. Gazing through the shifting mist of my memories I caught sight of the only one I needed to forget.

She walked into our dorm room, grabbed her bag and said, “I'm Leaving.” -- Two words and my world shattered.

“Why”, I whispered, barely audible.

“You know”, She responded. “So does everyone else.” What? What did I do? I couldn't remember -- Couldn't think –- of what I had done. And then just like that, she was gone.

The next day I woke up, “Hey it's time...”, but she was already gone. After getting dressed I left to go to school, but something was different, something felt wrong. Grabbing breakfast then sitting down at our... my... usual seat only a handful of my friends even sat down with me. The day only seemed to get longer as time passed and I could feel the glares directed at me. While preparing for school the next morning I could feel the apathy in the air before I even left my room. Following the same routine I sat at the same table, only to sit alone. Going to my locker I opened the door, a note fell out. It read

Midnight, The Front Gate

The rest of the day filled with anxiety as I waited. That night I went to the gate, only to see a crowd around a poster, a poster of me. One of them saw me, then all of them turned. I bolted at the look of hatred in their eyes and ran to my room. I was leaving too. As I was walking out of the gate, I saw her and she said

“How does it feel?”