The Beast | Teen Ink

The Beast

By RainaL. BRONZE, Tukwila, Washington
RainaL. BRONZE, Tukwila, Washington

"People who believe in the term "words will never hurt me" has obviously never been hit in the head with a dictionary.

Although reluctant the boy threw the stone in order to obliterate the pondering beast on the inside of the cave. The beast, instantly bored, finally decided to defend his home after the second stone whizzed past him. To keep a stone war from transpiring, the wise beast threw the humans third stone back in hopes of revealing his presence. The boy backed away in fright, finally believing what his friends had said of the beast. He fled and vowed never to speak of his experience. The beast’s eyes followed the fleeing human with sheepish satisfaction.

In my english class we write these shorts called post-card stories. There is a picture projected on the board and you have to write a your own interpretation that contains 100 words or less and have to include three or more vocabulary words. I chose: reluctant, obliterate, pondering, and transpiring. This is one of my favorite stories; I'm thinking of making it longer.