JUST DON’T BE THE APPLE | Teen Ink

JUST DON’T BE THE APPLE

Once upon a time there were tree full apple seeds, but there was one apple seed who said that he will grow to be an Orange.

“What do you mean you will be an Orange? Everybody on this tree will become an apple.” Said one of the other seeds.

“Not me, I will be an Orange.” Said the seed.

“You live around apples; every seed that grew on this tree became an apple. What makes you so different?” The other seed replied.

“I have the potential to be whatever I want to be. I want to live the life of an Orange: when I fall on the ground I don’t want to be rinsed off and I want people to have to work to eat me.” He replied.

“What makes you think that someone will pick an Orange off an apple tree anyways?” The other seed asked.

“I will make sure I look nice, juicy, and healthy. I wouldn’t give a person any reason to not pick me.” He replied.

“So what are you going to do when you become an Orange?” The seed asked.

“I’m going to hang with all the other Oranges and do stuff Oranges like to do. Then I will come back to all the other apple trees and tell them just because you grow on an apple tree doesn’t mean you have to be an apple.” He replied.

“What about me, you just gone leave me on this tree?” The seed asked.

“That’s up to you, I know you did some stuff that only apples would do, but it’s not too late to turn around and become an Orange.” He said.

“But it’s hard when all you live around is apples to become an orange.” He said.

“That’s why you have to remain strong and don’t let anybody tell you that you can’t be what ever you want to be.” He said.

“ Truth is that I always wanted to be an Orange but I never had the guts to actually become one.” The seed said.

“Well we can both be Oranges together.”

The two seeds worked hard to become Oranges and they both succeeded. They were the only Oranges on an apple tree and the both got picked. The two Oranges came back to the apple tree and encourage all the young seeds to become
Oranges. They turned an apple tree into a Orange tree.
It is true that the apple don’t fall far from the tree but an Orange roll father than an apple.

This story explains how most people live in a bad neighborhood and they think that just because they live and that neighborhood that they have to be bad. The apple tree represents the bad neighborhood and the seeds represents the bad people in the neighborhood. The Oranges represents the successful people in life.

Give feedbacks please.