A Fear I Have Is..... | Teen Ink

A Fear I Have Is.....

By sophieasprey BRONZE, Southlake, Texas
sophieasprey BRONZE, Southlake, Texas

“Ahhhhh!” That’s what it usually sounds like when I go to the beach. I have a fear that many others may or may not share. Although I still think it is embarrassing I have to tell someone sometime. I am completely and utterly terrified of jellyfish! Their Jiggling soft tops give no hint to the harsh tentacles that pierce our skin. They look so adorable and harmless, but hurt a lot! One time when I was only four or five, I took a trip to a beautiful beach in Miami Florida. Now, as you may have guessed, it was jellyfish season. There was an amazing water trampoline floating before me not to far out in the water. So I went to my parents and asked (politely) if I could go and play on it. They obviously said yes! So, I stumbled to the edge of the water and immediately jumped backwards. “Help! Dad! Help!” my dad sprinted down the beach. Down bellow our feet were jellyfish of all sizes squirming all over the place. They freaked me out and I really wanted to go on that water trampoline. Well being so scared of jellyfish, my dad ended up carrying me! From then on I have always been horrified of jellyfish. Not that I was not already scared, but now I am even more scared, terrified even. I am as scared as a deer during hunting season. If you were wondering, I still go to the beach. I still love it to, but I make sure we do not go during jellyfish season. So, as you can see, I am a wimp when it comes to jellyfish. I might never overcome my fear. I might always be as jumpy as a frog when it comes to jellyfish, but I hope one day I will overcome my fear of the squirmy, jiggling, jellyfish that scare me so much.