Positive

“Hey, what day is it?”
“It’s the 23rd.”
“No, that can’t be right.”
“Yeah, it is.”
“No, Carla, you have to have made a mistake. It can’t be the 23rd already.”
“Olivia, what does it matter?”
“It matters a lot! Let’s just leave it at that, I have to go now.”
She ran off, leaving her friend in the distance. She got to her house quickly, all the while the events of two weeks ago replaying in her head.
He kissed her with so much force and so much passion that she fell back on the bed.
“You ready for this?” he asked her, not really giving time for an answer. He jumped on top of her, pinning her down on the bed.
“Wait,” she said when his mouth came off of hers. “Don’t you, um, have something?”
“Yeah, don’t worry about it.”
She snapped herself back to present day, and focused on what she had to do. She looked through the medicine cabinet until she found what she was looking for. When she found it, she read the box carefully.
‘The color will turn blue if positive, and pink if negative.’
She breathed slowly, and removed the test from the box.
As she awaited the results, she could not help but stare. Her heart was beating a thousand miles a minute, and it was quickening with each passing second. Ten minutes were a long time. Once they passed by, going as long as they possibly could, she looked at the results.
Blue.

zero1 said...
this was really good i like how it was suspicious at first and then it all was layed on the table as they say it