Mr. and Mrs. Cucumber | Teen Ink

Mr. and Mrs. Cucumber

May 17, 2011
By Cliffo22 BRONZE, Maitland, Florida
Cliffo22 BRONZE, Maitland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This is a short tale about a world where artichokes are not the only “vegetables” that have a heart.




It was close to the New Year, so Mr. and Mrs. Cucumber invited over some of their best friends for a New Year’s party and dinner. We were the potato family, and we gladly accepted the invitation.



On New Year’s Eve, we went over to the Cucumber household, along with the carrot, parsley, tomato, and onion families. We were all great friends, in truth. We helped one another prepare the food, though most of it was already done. Then we settled in, and got ready for the fun.



Next, we all ate dinner, which was truly scrumptious. There was plenty of chicken, ham, spinach, apples, casseroles, and many other delicacies. Then we had some delectable desserts. There was fondue, brownies, cookies, pie, soufflés, cakes, ice cream, and lots of pudding! It was commendable.



Next, we went outside and enjoyed some dazzling fireworks. There were bright roman candles, screamers, ka-booms, bigger ka-booms, mad-mommas, and pow-wows. They were quite marvelous. Then we went inside and watched the “New Years Countdown” on television, and saw The Ball Drop from the tower, declaring the New Year.



Last, we stayed up all night laughing, celebrating, and enjoying
THE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!


The author's comments:
This piece is meant to be a short story about the tale of vegetables on New Years Eve. It is just a fun story that everyone will enjoy.