Experience in Hawaii | Teen Ink

Experience in Hawaii

May 16, 2011
By Pasquale DiMaiolo BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Pasquale DiMaiolo BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was on vacation in Hawaii and I was having the best time. I did everything, surfing, eating at the buffet, and boogey boarding. You name it and it was there. I wish I would never leave. It was the perfect day to go surfing. The sky was clear and the sun was out. Over in Hawaii I was know as the surfing king. No one could bet me or even want to challenge me.

The waves were higher and stronger then usual and it was amazing! I’m just minding my own business having a great time on the waves like always when all of a sudden, I hear someone shouting on shore. I quickly swam back to shore to find out what was going on.

A bank was being robbed and no one could stop him. Not even the police. This thief was fully armed that no one would even think of going near him. People told me that I should run after him and stop him and I listened.

As I was chasing him, he saw me. I was on his tail and I wasn’t losing him. He thought that he could lose me by surfing his way out. He obviously didn’t know that I was known as the king. As I was surfing trying to catch him, I jumped from my board to his board and tied his hands together. When we arrived to shore I returned the money and put the burglar behind bars. The people then gave me a new nickname… It was hero.