Three little calves | Teen Ink

Three little calves

May 1, 2011
By leszek BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
leszek BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Once upon the time, in one of the valleys in Karakoram range there was a poor cow mother living alone with three calves. Since their father had died having a dengue fever, the cow family have been staying without a dad. Mommy cow had to work very hard on the farm to feed her three little babies. After sometime, as soon as the calves became two years old, they had to leave the house and find a new place to live in. The three calves were crying and crying, but mom only said, “My dear children, according to our tradition, everyone will leave or already left at the age of two.” And she also became very, very sad, but there was nothing she could do.
The next day the calves took their belongings and were ready to leave their home and mother, forever. Now, their heads were full of dreams, visions and plans for the future. Before they left, mother cow gave them last advice, “??? ??? ? ?? ?? ???? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ????? ??? ??? ?? ??????? ?? ??? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??”
The calves knew their mother tongue very well and immediately translated it in their mature brains. They found out that she said something like this, “Remember, when you will leave your home, go and build a house that will be a good shelter from the predators.”
The three little calves left their mom and home into a wild and free world.
The first little calf was very lazy and she has built her own house from some straw, because it was the easiest thing to do. A day has past and the calf was already done with the construction work. The walls of the house were so thin that you could see through, but the calf was very proud of herself. She thought that it is even better because she will have the fresh air all the time. Was she already relaxing?
The second calf was smarter than the first one and she wanted a house that will keep away smaller animals and will not be destroyed by any of the nature powers. So she built her house from the wood. By one week she was done. She was very proud of herself and thought that she will smell the resin all the time. Was she already relaxing?
The third calf was the youngest but the smartest one. She was also very hard-working. She built her house from bricks and weeks have passed before the calf was finished. She was very proud of herself and thought that her house looks like a small fortress, and she did it because she had enough courage, strength and patience.
The calves enjoyed life in their new houses. Many happy days had passed. But life is only life and sometimes happiness can turn very quickly into misery. This just happened to the calves.
One night the big bad Snow Leopard, who loved to eat fat calves, came along and saw the first little calf in her tiny thin house made of straw.
As soon as he approached it he said, “I’m Snow Leopard, hungry and angry! So, you have three choices: Let me in and then I will eat you, go out and then I will eat you or I’ll destroy your house and then I will eat you!”
“You will never eat me!” The calf yelled back.
Annoyed, the Snow Leopard had to choose the third answer. He had destroyed the house made of straw and ate the little calf.
As he became hungry again, the Snow Leopard searched for another treat. In the forest he found a meal. It was the second calf in her house made of wood. Therefore the Snow Leopard said, “I’m Snow Leopard, hungry and angry! You have three choices: Let me in and then I will eat you, go out and then I will eat you or I’ll destroy your house and then I will eat you!”
To his surprise the second calf answered, “You will never eat me!”
So the Snow Leopard had to choose the answer by himself and he destroyed the wooden house and ate the calf. After a great meal the cat stretched and went away for a nap.
As soon as the Snow Leopard got hungry again he searched for another fast food meal. When he was walking in the forest of the Karakoram Mountains he saw the third calf’s house that was made out of bricks.



Immediately the Snow Leopard said, “I’m Snow Leopard, hungry and angry! You have three choices: Let me in and then I will eat you, go out and then I will eat you or I’ll destroy your house and then I will eat you!”



The youngest calf thought, “You’re not a Snow Leopard, you are an old fart, you fool”, “No, no ,no that’s to offending, I think I should say something which won’t harm his feelings.” Therefore the third calf answered slowly and calmly, “ I’m choosing the fourth answer. Not to die.”

Very, very slowly, she took one of the bricks out of the wall and suddenly she threw it on the Snow Leopard’s tail as quick as a bullet fired from a gun. Unexpectedly, the Snow Leopard got a hiccup! It was so strong, that two eaten calves came out of his mouth. The Snow Leopard got ashamed and annoyed, so he ran away like a scared rabbit and never came back!