A single shot | Teen Ink

A single shot

By Keeta BRONZE, Lehigh, Florida
Keeta BRONZE, Lehigh, Florida

the past cant be changed so live in the present.

The day I would die was always in the back on my head. Heart attack, murder, natural causes and other ways to, but the date I would die I never thought about. It was June 12, 2010 a nice warm day at 12:04 pm. It was like any other school day go to school, have three boring classes then everyone’s favorite time of day, lunch. I was heading toward my girlfriend Candice Eli, head cheerleader at West Point Gate School, when I heard a scream. Instinctively I dropped my lunch trey and ran over to Candice even though she wasn’t hurt or the one screaming. I heard a shot go off and I ran toward Candice even faster. Someone brought a gun to school and was using it!!!! I grab Candice by the arm and forced her to follow me out of the courtyard. We past the lockers and the science wing, we ran past the history labs and stopped at a fork in the hallway.

Which way to go, which way to safety, where do I hide Candice from the person with a gun, all I could think about was getting Candice to safety.
“That way, through the” Candice was saying when we heard an evil laughter coming from behind us.
“Candice, Go, Now” I screamed.
“No, not without you Dean,” Candice said pulling on my arm but I wouldn’t budge. Then that’s when my world came crumbling down. It all started with a single gun shot.

Candice fell to her knee’s and then hit the ground with a thud. Austin Herd, my best friend just shot my girlfriend through the chest. I slid on my knees over to Candice; she was really pale but still alive, barely.
“I love you Dean, I just want you to know that,” Candice said in a tiny whisper. A tear runs down my cheek.
“I love you to Candice, with my whole heart,” I said. A small grin was placed upon Candice’s lips. I kiss Candice softly on her lips. She smiles one last time and said
“I love you Dean, I really do but it’s my time to go,” Candice closed her eyes and stops breathing. I stand up holding back a river of tears to face Austin. He pointed the gun at me.
“Why Austin, why are you doing this,” I asked.
“Because, you have everything I have always wanted, or had. The hottest girl in school under your arm, straight A’s, you’re the captain and quarterback of the football team and you take it all for granite. That’s why Dean, that’s why I want you dead,” Austin replied.
He pulled the gun back up from his side and held pointed it up at me again. Then he pulled the trigger. He shot me in the same place he shot Candice; the only difference was I died instantly unlike Candice.

Now I am purified. I am nothing but a memory to loved ones, a thought to others, and nothing to 6 billion people all over the world. I am the wind that whispers your name in the spring, the warm sun that beats on your face in the summer, the smell of warm cider in the autumn air, and the cool breeze that turns your nose red in the winter. I am no where yet I am everywhere, I can see you but you can’t see me, I can hear you but you can’t hear me. I am the air you breathe and the ground you walk on, I am everything and nothing.

i was just writing in my notebook on my bed and this story was the final product of 10 minutes of writing. i hope you like it!!!!

Keeta BRONZE said...
Keeta BRONZE, Lehigh, Florida

the held in between and & pointed isn't suppost to be there