Salvation | Teen Ink

Salvation

April 8, 2011
By Anonymous

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Get the h*ll out of here!! The voices were shouting at me. They were furious at me because I set off the alarms. Grab the girl and go! They were so loud I couldn’t hear the home alarms. That’s when I spotted her in her bed, sitting upright and screaming. She had a pink night gown on, long blonde hair glimmering in the little bit of light her night light gave off. The rest of her was covered in the darkness of the room. TAKE HER AND GO!!! They were so loud! I had to cover my ears as they rang with the echo of the voices. But I had to recover quickly and take her. The voices knew what they were doing. As I took her under my arm, she bit me. “You b****!” I yelled at her. But then I heard someone trying to get into her bedroom door, so I jumped out the window just before her parents broke down the door. Good thing she was only five, or else she might have put up more of a fight.
…37 minutes later…

“STOP CRYING!!” I yelled at her, she didn’t. We were in a building I found the other day, it was an old gas station, with water dripping from the cracks in the ceiling from the rain that night. I had her tied in a chair. I don’t need her to run back to them. After all, that would defeat the purpose of me freeing her. Stop stalling and do what you know you have to do. The voices are right. I have to. “Do you know why I took you?” I asked her “It’s because I’m freeing you! You are too young to understand. I’ve seen you playing in the yard, so innocent, while your parents are not. They are one of them. They want to hurt us. Kill us. You will see that once this is over, you will be much happier.” As I walked toward her she cried more, especially when I picked up the knife. “I know you’re scared,” I told her “but its ok now, its ok” -slice- “You’re finally free.”
…Back in the interview room…

“You sick b****rd!” yelled Sergeant Cree. “Why did you have to kill her?!?” His nostrils were flaring in my face, I could feel his snot fly out at me with each breath. It was disgusting.
“Didn’t you listen to my story? I did it to set her free. Now that is all I will say to you. I know I can’t trust you.”
“Is it because I am one of them?” asked Sergeant Cree.
“Yes” I told him. Tell him nothing more! The voices told me. So I listened. I always listen to the voices.
“God d*mmit! I just can’t crack this kid!” Called Sergeant Cree out to the two way glass window in the interview room. “Send her in” Just then two men came in and strapped my arms down to the table and left. I was alone in the room for about 1 minute and 37 seconds by my count. And that’s when she walked in.

“Oh Jet, what did you do?” My mother sobbed. She slumped down in the chair across from me, and I instantly tensed up. They are trying to get you to talk. You can’t trust her! “But it’s my Mom!!!” I yelled out to seemingly no one.
“Honey, are you alright? I’m here now. You don’t have to listen to them!” She pleaded with me. “I know why you did it, and we can get you help!”
Don’t you listen to her! The voices cried out. She is one of them! “NO!!! SHE CAN’T BE, SHE IS MY MOTHER!” I was shouting at the voices for all to hear.
“Jet, are you ok?” She sounded concerned.
“Listen to her! She is worried about me! She can’t be one of them!” I told the voices. But she has to be, they are using her to make you talk, making her one of them! “No! F*** you! I won’t do what you tell me!”