Cost of money-- a chapter | Teen Ink

Cost of money-- a chapter

By Krysta Nelson GOLD, North Tonawanda, New York
Krysta Nelson GOLD, North Tonawanda, New York

We soon lost everything: our money, life, and home. With no place to go we walked aimlessly for hours. We slept in alleyways under torn cardboard boxes, shredded old newspapers, eating what leftovers we found in garbage cans. As I dozed off, I found myself in the same dream I've been having for awhile now. Morning stroke- then we woke; we wanted to keep going on our journey to nowhere... I couldn't stop it but my dream kept bouncing around in my head. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to put worry on our fate; with everything that has happened. I kept telling myself we'd be fine, but my life was like a horror movie- except it never ends. We continued to search for hope- or those kind natured people you heard about in story books, that would take us in... Rainfall stroke, bolts of electricity ran through the sky, hitting everything in sight. I haven't seen rain come down that hard since- I can't even remember when. As night fell,we lunged one step closer to nowhere. Each step taken lost of hope grew deeper...