Just A Memory | Teen Ink

Just A Memory

By Jessi_and_him_6.6.11 BRONZE, Keller, Texas
Jessi_and_him_6.6.11 BRONZE, Keller, Texas

"you're only in trouble if you get caught" Aladin

Friday was finally here. It was the last day at school! I was so excited because I was invited to my buddy Jeff’s, end of the year party. Little did I know that it would end terribly. It was seven at night and I was getting ready for the party when my mom walks in and started asking questions.

“What time is the party?”

“Eight.”

“Will there be adult supervision there?”

“Yes!”

Then she started to talk to me about staying, you know, think twice act once, that bulls***. It was eight and I was almost to the party. When I got there, there were so many people! It was going to be a great party, that I could tell. I was having a great time. Time flew. Nine. Ten. Eleven. then, of course, someone decided to leave and come back with tons of beer. Almost everyone started to drink, except me. I remembered what my mom had told me… `Think twice, act once.` Before I knew it, it was one in the morning and everyone started leaving. I got in my car and started to head home. Mom called me and asked I was O.K and where I was. We spoke for around five maybe six minutes. We said good bye and right as I hung the phone up, this car came out of nowhere and crashed into me head on.

I was screaming and I could hear a voice telling me to calm down. Everything went black. I started fading in and out. I heard sirens… I saw medics… I was on the floor… I heard someone say “His heart stopped!” Then there was a big jolt run through my body “His heart started.”

I was in the hospital. I heard crying. It was my mom. I could barely open my eyes,. I looked over and she had her head down. She was whispering “It will be okay. You will make it.” she said. I faded into the darkness. I faded back in. the doctor was talking to my mom. He said “Your son might not make it.” She started crying. I started to say “Mom, it will be okay.” She couldn’t hear me. “He’s in a coma.” said the doctor. “He’s brain dead.”

Mom started screaming and crying.

“It’s all my fault, shouldn’t have let him go to the party!”

I faded away. I was on the beach laying in the sand. Taking in the sun. My mom was there. We were talking and she said,

“I love you so much, I don’t what I’ll do without you.” she started crying.

“I will always be with you mom, I will never leave you and I will always love you.”

We went to hug and I started to hear beeps. I was coming back. Nurses started to run in and mom was crying. The beeps became longer. Now it was one long tone. My heart stopped. They were doing their best to get it started again. One minute went by. Then three. Seven. Ten. Twelve. They stopped trying but I was still there. I started crying. Mom looked at and said, “He’s crying!” but the nurses said that it was too late. It got brighter and brighter. I was looking down at my body. Dead, full of cuts, bruises, and bandages. I faded away. I was now, just a memory.

This is a story my best friend bestowed to me. Thank you for allowing me to post it. :) I love you JDV

i wouldnt be able to live if my bestfriend died like this. i love him to death. he's like my brother, no, i practically is my brother <3

mommy of 7 said...
i loved it! very sad..im actually crying as i type this... i have 7 boys and i couldnt imagine my life without them

My best friend wrote it :) he's an amazing writer

AliceAngel DIAMOND, Shreveport, Louisiana

This brick wall I tried so hard to build, is tumbling down. - Me (AliceAngel)

If drama were vodka, everyone at my school would be drunk. - Chloe, one of my friends.

This was amazing! I loved it!!!

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
on Apr. 4 2011 at 9:01 am
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

LOveddddd it!!! Completely amazing! Most teenagers will be able to relate to it in some way!!

Let me know what u think