The Edge | Teen Ink

The Edge

By SlightlyNHK SILVER, San Deigo, California
SlightlyNHK SILVER, San Deigo, California

The whole world is below me. Buzzing street lights, people walking rapidly, cars humming. The sky is a light shade of blue, so peaceful. Taking a breath, I look down at my feet and where they stood, at the edge. I can hear the wind running through my ears as if they were silk. I take one last glance at the stretching sky, and take a step forward. Time was going in slow motion; I didn’t care about anything, or no one. That’s when I heard her, screaming horridly.
“No!”
But it was too late. I imagined how her face was, tears pouring out of her eyes, and running, running towards the edge. I didn’t want to die. This was a mistake, what am I doing? I had to see her face; it was the last thing I wanted to see. I turn, and twist, using all my strength to look up at the edge. All I saw was a dark figure. The sun’s rays were too powerful. Disappointed, I return being limb. This was a mistake. One mistake in which I can’t take back. Suddenly, all my emotions busted out, I was crying, screaming,
“HELP!” As if someone can help me now. I was gaining speed, getting closer to my fate that I have blindly chosen. I close my eyes, and darkness came.

I got bored, and since i was watching some stuff on the news, i wrote this.

hoper said...
on Mar. 29 2011 at 12:48 am
Wow! Amazing writing! I really love the way you've written this, but the topic really is serious...to all those contemplating suicide, there is always hope in your friends! Beautiful writing, keep it up!