The Mysterious Fireworks on 34th Street | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Fireworks on 34th Street

By ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire
ANT13 SILVER, Northwood, New Hampshire

I feel like this should be a famous quote/saying: Talk from your heart because the beats that come out are the words of heart, good choices. each beat is a choice, no beat equals giving up. 1 beat can make a difference, so can't you.

Chapter 1: The Boy’s First Show.
Once a boy named Jeff, age 6, had seen what were fireworks but he didn’t know that yet. They shot up in the sky like missiles out of a cannon.
When he got home he asked his mom what was in the sky and found out they were fireworks. He loved them! The next day when he woke up he wanted to go to the store to buy fireworks. He was so eager to go.
Chapter 2: Fourth of July.
It was the Fourth of July and it was getting late. During the finale of the firework show Jeff's mouth dropped. The fireworks looked big and awesome. He probably was having the most fun of anyone there.
Jeff was getting tired and wanted to go home and dream of fireworks and all the cool designs he saw. While he was sleeping his mother was talking to Jeff’s dad about Jeff’s look at the show. His dad was relieved and hoped that he liked it. He did.
The next morning Jeff’s dad wasn’t working so he woke Jeff up at 6:30 A.M. and told him that they were going to the firework store. Jeff couldn’t wait. He immediately ran down stairs to the basement and slipped on his shoes and triggered out the door. The day went on and Jeff was studying the new fireworks he got and couldn’t wait to launch them in the air that night. They launched them that night only because the day after Fourth of July, when everyone is home they celebrate until the cops show up. But no cops showed up so they continued and eventually they ran out and went to sleep.
Chapter 3: The Sirens and the Knock on the Door.
While they were asleep halfway down the route there were sirens speeding toward there house. Jeff’s dad and mother awoke and ran outside to see what’s up and they drove by them. So they went inside and went to lie down but then heard a knock on there door.
Jeff’s dad went downstairs again and saw it was the police. They told him to come outside to talk and Jeff watched the whole thing from his window and he saw his dad leave in the vehicle and heard the door slam shut of the door. Jeff was confused. Was he being taken away? What was he doing?
Jeff awoke in the morning and raced to his mom and started panicking and when he ran to the door he tripped over a duffel bag and a gun, badge, and a night stick fell out. Jeff screamed and his mother came out and asked what was wrong and saw that there was a gun, badge, and a night stick on the floor. She was going to tell Jeff what this stuff was but then his dad walked in and they shoved it in the closet and acted though as nothing happened. She told Jeff “go upstairs for a minute.”
Jeff came down for lunch and his dad was gone again and asked his mother “Where’s Dad?” She didn’t answer but after a while she said “He’s at the store.” Jeff felt a little suspicious but didn’t bother getting on his mothers nerves. Later on that day his dad came home and Jeff ran to him and asked where he’s been,
His dad said “I was getting groceries.” and Jeff said “Well where are they?” His dad said that they are in the trunk and Jeff went outside to grab them and his dad realized…My stuff, my police gear is in there.
Chapter 4: Why Dad, Why?
Jeff ran inside forgetting the groceries and went out his dad and asked “Why dad, why?” Jeff’s dad was confused at first and then realized…he knew who he was. Jeff’s dad explained and explained the best he could but Jeff was already disappointed. He ran upstairs, slammed the door, and started crying.
Jeff’s dad ran upstairs to the room and tried to open the door but it was locked. Jeff was still crying when he heard “Hey Jeff, want to blow some stuff up?” Jeff ignored his Dad. Then he said “You want to blow some heavy duty fireworks?”
“Of course you are, I know.” Jeff told his dad. "How, did your mother tell you?” “No but the UNDERCOVER POLCIE BUSINESS sticker and the gun, badge, and night stick told me.”
Chapter 5: Mom too?
When dad came home and went to talk to Jeff there was a note on the door. It said: “If this is dad reading just come in.” “If not leave.” Jeff’s dad went inside and Jeff was there on his bed and he had a clueless face and he asked his dad: “Did you really need mom in this too?” “What do you mean?” “Oh you know the ordinary things like being undercover.” “What are you talking about?”
“Look dad, I found this badge and accessories in her backpack.” “So.” “So, why her to?” “She wanted to.” “Yeah right.” “Why don’t you go ask her?” “Ok maybe I will.”
“Hey mom, are you an undercover cop too?” “Yes.” “Why.” “Because I need to get out of the house and be more active.” “Seriously?” “Yes, seriously now go to bed.” “Ok.”
Chapter 6: Off to a New World.
The next day the Jeff family decides to go on a vacation and hope for no more incidents. So the family goes on a vacation and lives hopeful and happy.

Ant13 said...
on Mar. 28 2011 at 9:35 am
This Story is based upon what would happen if you celebrate with to much fireworks. Its fun to read and i hope you guys all like it!