Girls. Fake or Fake?

I walk in the store, buy stuff I barely use cause there "cool." Fake girls.. What does that even mean. The girls with naturally fake looks. The girls every guy wish they had but can never get. The girls everybody wants to be. But me, I don't understand what is so great about girls who are more plastic then Barbie herself. Nothing I tell you, girls can't be original, natural, themselves. They have insecurities and are scared of others reaction when deep down, there as original as can be. But you can't see past all the make up, short skirts, and high heels. These girls are like you and me with a little less confidence.

raindance72 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Your grammar could use a bit of tweaking; don't feel bad, though, I tell most people that (OCD here!).

BUT - I must say, this is a very good piece. I can so relate, because I've never been one of "those" types. As much as I've tried, it's not meant to be. I like the last line especially - so true, and no one ever says that! Thanks for being so REAL! :)