Every Dreams Wish | Teen Ink

Every Dreams Wish

March 8, 2011
By StreetKat SILVER, Hamlin, New York
StreetKat SILVER, Hamlin, New York
9 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.


“Kat!” A girl ran over to me. I was looking down at the ground my legs could barely reach the ground even though I was nine. The girl stood in front of me and I looked up at her. She had short messy black hair that was covering her eyes. Her shirt was a black and white striped tank top and her pants were black skinny jeans. In her hands she had a little teddy bear.
“Good morning Kari,” I greeted the 23 year old toy-maker. “How are you today?” The wind blew my blue/black hair into my face and I tried to move it without moving my hands. My light blue T-shirt was big on me and I had on blue jeans. She smiled at me.
“I’m good, how are things at home?” She sat next to me. I looked away. “Still not good?” A boy started walking over, he looked just like Kari, but his hair was messy and you could see his red eyes clearly. He had a white head band on covering his forehead. His shirt was black and so were his jeans.
“No, Mama still hasn’t talked much more than she has too…” I sighed. “Ever since Daddy died it’s only gotten worse.” She rubbed my back and moved the hair out of my face so I could look at her properly. Giving me a reassuring smile she said,
“I know it’s hard on you, but she must be going through a lot. But Emily is strong, just give it some time.” Kari always had a way with giving someone advice when they were down. I smiled at her. “She’s your aunt and Godmother right?”
“Yeah, I call her Mama because it’s what I’m used to calling her. She’s always been my Mama ever since before Mommy died.” It was true, whenever Mommy and Daddy went away Mama would take care of me like Mommy had when she was still alive.
“Kari, Youko wants’ you back home.” The boy said. Kari sent him a glare and I looked at him. He didn’t seem to want to be here… or anywhere for that matter.
“Fine,” She mumbled getting up. “Your Art sponsor Emily. Kat, this little boy, lives with her, stay with him or I‘ll beat the life out of you.” Kari started walking away and the boy sighed. I stood up and started walking back home, the boy followed me like Kari told him to.
“Mister?” I asked looking up at him. He looked down at me. “Who are you?”
“I’m Hiei, Emily is the one that publishes my work.” So he’s the one that sends Mama the paintings every few months… He’s good but I prefer music than paintings. I’m learning to play the Violin like my dad had.
“Are you nice?” I asked the one question that normally makes people freak out.
“Am I… why would you ask something like that?” The man seemed confused. It worked, I hid a smile. Mama always told me to be sure that you can trust someone, ask them questions that normal people generally wouldn’t ask because it would confuse them or make them really think about what they had been asked.
“Mama has been sad for a long time now. And I think her meeting someone nice will make her happy.” I looked back at the sidewalk and turned down a street that no one really went down. “But if someone ever tried to hurt Mama any more than she is now… That would make me sad. She’s been through so much that’s hurt her… She doesn’t need to be hurt anymore.” The man put his hand on top of my head and smiled at me. I don’t think he smiled a lot, he doesn’t look like that type of person.
“I may not be nice all the time, but I know I’m not mean unless I have to be.” I smiled at the man that looked like Kari. I think they’re twins like Mama and Aunt Amy are. It would make since if they are. Kari always tells me about her brothers, one who can’t trust people easily and another who can only get close to someone by being near them for a long time.
“You’re a nice person. I can tell,” he seemed shocked at this; I giggled at the look on his face and looked back towards my street. We came around a curb and a house showed through the trees. “I live there mister nice person!” I pointed to the big house at the bottom of a hill.
It was a nice house. The outside was all white brick. It was three stories tall and the only house for a long while. Mama and I owned all the land up until the end of the road on the left and the creek on the right. Mama said that one day, when I was older; she would make me a house bigger than the one we lived in now. It would have everything that I could think of.
Mama didn’t show it around other people, but she has a lot of money and I have a lot too when I turn eighteen. She and her twin sister and my Mommy were a part of a very wealthy family, the money was split between them all when their parents died. My Mommy took care of Mama until she died when I was three. Then Mama started to take care of me because Daddy thought Mommy died because of him and he went away for almost a year.
We were coming near the house when I felt my body stop working freezing in the spot I was in. Everything blacked out and then I saw an image. A woman about nineteen years old was huddled in a corner of my living room. She was covering her head as everything in the room was destroying itself. “Kat?” A voice asked. The girl was crying and I heard the sound of a crash as the TV fell off the wall and crashed into a sculpture. “Kat?” The voice said again and I was brought back into myself. I stood there for a moment in shock before running to the house. “Wait… Kat!” The man called after me.
I opened the door, “Mama?” I asked. Running into the living room. The girl was still in the corner, but the chaos had stopped. I could hear her quiet sobs as I carefully made my way over to her. “Mama, it’s okay.” I rubbed her shoulder and she looked at me. Her blue eyes had lost the sparkle it had once held long ago... I missed that. Her baby blue tank top was splattered with paint as well as her light blue shorts. “It’s okay…” I said feeling my eyes tear up knowing how she felt right now. “It’s okay Mama…” I heard the man close the door and take off his shoes and start walking.
She held me in her arms and I wiped the tears away. “I-I’m sorry. Kat,” She was trying not to cry anymore. “I’m sorry…” I hugged her and we stayed like that for what seemed like a long time before she picked me up like she used to before Daddy died, and I held onto her. “I did it again.” She sighed looking around the room. “Lost control of it…” She always had a problem with this, ever since before I was born. The first time I saw it, I almost died…
“It’s okay Mama, I can put it back together for you.” I looked around and the mess. The paintings were torn and the book shelf was no longer there. CD’s and books were scattered around the room and half of the couch was blown apart. “If you let me,” Mama’s piano was scattered around the room and the flowers I found for here was in a pile while the vase was in a pile. The only things that weren’t destroyed were our photo album and my Daddy’s Violin that hung on the wall until I was ready to play it.
I saw Hiei walk into the room, shock on his face. He saw the photo album and picked it up looking at a photo. “I give you permission.” Mama whispered in my ear and I willed the room to fix itself. As if time was rewinding the room placed itself back into order. Except for the TV. We would have to get a new one because I couldn’t fix it. Mama smiled at me for a quick moment. “I never liked that thing.” I smiled back at her.
We didn’t watch a lot of TV but we had it for when people were over. Music was more of what we had around the house. More than anything else even Mama‘s work computer. “Did I do good?” I asked her. She nodded and lifted her free hand making the TV lift with it. Slowly making it float outside, the door opening and continued to float out to the curve before the door closed again.
“I’ll go make some cookies.” She set me down on the couch and kissed my forehead before walking out to the kitchen. I jumped off the couch and walked over to Hiei too see what picture he was looking at.
“That was my family.” I told him. “The baby is me. The pretty lady that looks like Mama is my Mommy, and the man next to her is my Daddy.” The woman did look a lot like Mama, but she had a more gentle smile and her eyes were green. She was sitting, holding me, while a man that looked a lot like me sat holding the both of us. “The boy under the tree is Angel, he’s Mama’s best friend. And the other boy is Jack.” Angel had blonde hair and silver highlights. He was leaning under a tree while Mama sat in the tree. Jack was talking to a girl that looked just like Mama. He had light brown hair and a hat on. “The girl in the tree is Mama and the girl talking to Jack is Aunt Amy. This picture was taken a few weeks before Mommy died.”
“I’m sorry to hear that.” Hiei said closing the book. I felt myself start to fall asleep and walked over to the couch laying on it. He looked at me and walked over pulling off the blanket and putting it on me. I smiled a little bit before mumbling sleepily.
“It’s ok…” I told him as everything turned into dreams.


The author's comments:
This was inspired by spending time with all my friends and learning about their different situations.