The Awakening

I used to think there was nothing left of the real world. That I would be living in this hunk of junk I called home; with my erratic mother, my father, and my little sister Maggie. 87 years ago, a huge plague had appeared. It seemed to only affect animals. However, the way it affected them had been horrible. Once stricken, their mouths would foam, their eyes would be dilated, their fur fall off, and get very enraged at any living thing. Therefore, the government moved us behind a giant wall. The wall was supposed to protect us, to feel like paradise. At first it had; fresh food, and a warm home. Everyone had started the same, a scared and reclusive person. However, after years of this life, some people were tired of it, they craved power, and power is what they got. Many people rose up in the rankings, and soon new homes were built. Grand homes, on platforms above our home. The others of us were forgotten in the shadows under the wealthy. We would have no more of it though. We would have vengeance. We were finally, AWAKENING!