Libby Lu Escapes | Teen Ink

Libby Lu Escapes

By Sadielib SILVER, Letcher, South Dakota
Sadielib SILVER, Letcher, South Dakota

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be the doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

One day I was sitting at my desk in Mrs. Montgomery’s room reading my “Clue Me” book. Mrs. Montgomery wasn’t there that day so we had a substitute. Suddenly a strange noise started coming out of my desk. “Sccccrrrreeeaaacccchh. Eeeeeaaacccchhh.” Thirteen minutes of school left… Friday afternoon… The class was freaked out. Everyone- even me- started screaming and running around the room like there was no tomorrow…

“BEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!”
The bell rang. Everyone froze. “The bell rang which means it’s time to go!” screamed the scared teacher over the noise from my desk. Then out of my desk, nose pushing the lid up… jumped my puppy Libby Lu! “Libby, how did you get in there?” I cried in surprise. She just licked my face.

“Who owns that dog???” the sub asked.

“I d-d-do…” I muttered, not sure if I should.

Libby had her shiny red dress on and her squeaking toy bone in her mouth. Suddenly she started running around the room… I saw the open classroom door, so I screamed, “Shut the door NOW!” Libby was about out when my friend Emily shut the door.

“Bye-bye Libby…!” said Bob, who hates me, as he reopened the door.

“LIBBY!!!” I screamed as the door closed behind her. I rushed to the door and opened it quickly. “Thank goodness,” I said when I saw Libby sitting right outside the door. She ran into the classroom and barked.

The sub said, “Get that animal on a leash NOW!!!”

So I slipped a hand into my desk and felt around and what do you know … I found A LEASH.
Quickly, I put it on her and took Libby to my mom- who was in her classroom down the hall. Mom told me to hold on to her until we figured out where she came from.

Apparently there is a portal from our house to my desk that Libby came through. I stuck my arm through my desk and felt it being licked and heard barks… “Shush!” I told the dogs at home. Amazingly enough, the barks grew silent.

“Ok! Enough of this nonsense! I’m going to get Mrs. Roth the principal!” the sub told me as she stormed down the hall to the office.

It took Mrs. Roth about five minutes to get to the room. She raced into the room and of course… screamed. After a while she had calmed down, she asked, “Weird. Where did those dogs come from?”

I told her I wasn’t sure and to keep the classroom door closed. Then I stuck my head through the desk and saw the backyard. I found out that the dog door in our garage is the portal and showed the three dogs the way back home.
After school dismissed, my mom and I told my dad who, of course, didn’t believe us. So he wanted to see for himself. My mom and I took him to the dog door, but he said he couldn’t see anything except blackness. Next, we called the school and asked the janitor to open my desk. The janitor sounded confused, but he did open my desk. Then and only then did my dad believe us.

on Feb. 13 2011 at 3:27 pm
Sadielib SILVER, Letcher, South Dakota

All I need are ideas....

on Feb. 13 2011 at 3:26 pm
Sadielib SILVER, Letcher, South Dakota

Thanks...! :)

on Feb. 13 2011 at 3:25 pm
Sadielib SILVER, Letcher, South Dakota

Yes she is... :D

Miranda said...
on Feb. 13 2011 at 1:36 pm
really good meg!  keep it up!!!  :D

on Feb. 12 2011 at 7:29 pm
Pageasaurus_Rex SILVER, Mitchell, South Dakota

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?”- Albert Einstein
“We like to kidnap them in a van, and leave them somewhere dangerous. SURPRISE!”-Gerard Way

SWEEET!! Libby Lu is a flippin ninja dog!!!

April said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 6:11 pm

very creative. im sure if you continue this is will be great.