There's a 'Napper in my Closet | Teen Ink

There's a 'Napper in my Closet

January 26, 2011
By Mormon_baller30 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
Mormon_baller30 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you believe, you can achieve."


Sneaky, creepy, and in toto, or totally, insane. These words, and several others, accurately described the gruesome kidnapper that dwelt in my closet. During the day, he disappeared. At night, he transformed into an eight foot tall being with three green demon heads, each huge, plump, and with two giant boils on each cheek and nose. Two additional arms grew out of his rib cage, each ending with grimy, pointy hands. At night, the closet was a dark terra incognita where he lived.

Each and every frightening night was the same wacky routine. Before I entered my sleeping chamber, I absolutely had to close the closet doors in fear of what lurked inside. Once it was pitch black, I cowered under my covers, childishly believing they would save me from whatever skulked out there. Every few treacherous minutes I would cautiously jut my head out because I thought I had sensed the kidnapper near. Of course, he was no where to be seen since he was as quick was a wink. One night, I saw him, again. That was only the third or fourth time I had seen that piercing gaze of those luminous green eyes and his jagged, pearly white teeth, but that was the last straw.

I violently chucked off the covers and sat up. He began to lunge at me before I yelled, “Why are you always creeping in my closet!?” He began his response, “Well, you see………”, but he was never able to finish. Out of a mixture of fear and anger, I clinched his left ear and furiously dragged him to the window. While I pried it open, he begged and pleaded for me not to toss him out. What I feared had become fearful of me. I showed no mercy, and he flailed wildly as he sailed through the air. Crack! Thud! All that was left when he hit the ground was a pile of dust. Since the sound was so ear-splitting, my parents came speeding in and frantically barraged me with questions. To them, I simply smiled as I responded, “That was just the kidnapper in my closet.”

The author's comments:
This was a writing assignment for my English class.