Haunted Tales #3 | Teen Ink

Haunted Tales #3

By youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut

It’s time for another edition of…
ANDREA’S HAUNTED TALES
This week’s story:
The time when Grandma got ran over by a reindeer!

Narrator: It was a dark, cold, gloomy Christmas Eve.
Me: Seriously? Look at your life, look at your choices.
Narrator: *sigh*. What is it this time, Andrea?
Me: It’s just that, come on! It’s Christmas Eve? Can’t you make it happy?
Narrator: Oh my gosh, not this again.
Me: I’m just saying; it really should be sort of a happy day, then you can put the ironic twist near the end!
Narrator: Fine, fine, fine. It was a bright and crisp Christmas Eve! Everyone was happily baking cookies for Santa and getting the last of their decorations hung up. In Danbury, Connecticut, the Wrightnow family was gathered in the dining room, debating whether or not Santa really existed.
Me: So is it the debate that causes Grandma to-?
Narrator: I HAVEN’T GOTTEN THERE YET! Anyways, Little Jimmy was making excellent points, saying that if Santa was not real, then why were there gifts under the tree when they got back from midnight mass. But Grandma wouldn’t back down. She had always hated the holidays, especially after that time in the mall where Santa accidentally broke her arm. She said that Santa was just a figment of imagination.
Me: But, isn’t that true?
Narrator: SHUT UP ANDREA! I’M NOT DONE!
Me: Sorry, but saying Santa’s real is like saying, “I’m a vegan and my favorite food is bacon.”
Narrator: LET ME FINISH THE FREAKIN’ STORY!
Me: Sorry!
Narrator: *face palm*. This is why I wish you would just stop asking for stories.
Me: I said I’m sorry! You can keep going on with the story.
Narrator: Ugh. As I was saying, eventually Mrs. Wrightnow, Little Jimmy’s mother, said that everyone should just go to sleep as to stop the arguing. This is the part where it gets… interesting. Grandma goes outside briefly to get the book that she left in the car. Little Jimmy and Grandpa were following her, to make sure she didn’t slip. She just made it to the car when… SMASH! Grandma was hit by a very strange looking animal! Little Jimmy and Grandpa took a good look at the creature, and automatically knew what it was. It was a REINDEER.
Me: So… that’s it?
Narrator: And Grandma died. The end. That’s it.
Me: BORING!!!!!
Narrator: YOU TRY COMING UP WITH SCARY STORIES!
Me: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!