Bus Stop | Teen Ink

Bus Stop

By carmenluigina BRONZE, Hammondsport, New York
carmenluigina BRONZE, Hammondsport, New York

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
-Andrew Futral

I have been sitting here for awhile. My bus still has not arrived. I’m not sure if I want it to come. My head feels heavy and I feel tired. But, I do not want to sleep. The person next to me is reading a paper. I wonder what kind of news is in it. Knowing this world, nothing good. This small glass box feels hot, but inside I feel cold. Distant. I do not feel anything anymore. Sadness overcomes me and even the pretty flowers in the small flower bed seem dull to me. Gray. I feel empty and dazed. Some would call it hunger. That makes sense. I have not eaten since it happened, but I am not hungry. I handle the small wooden cross they had given me. I begin crying. It is all I have left. This world is not fair. Everything you care about will eventually be taken away. The next life will be better hopefully. The sun is shining. I hate it. How can the world go on and be happy when something so horrific has just disrupted it? I see small children playing in the playground across the street. They are laughing. I do not dislike them for it. They deserve to laugh, play and run. If only I could go back, and see him laugh, play and run with them. What I would give to see that one more time. I hope they have a chance to be children. He never did. My bus has just arrived and I decide to get on. I pay the driver my dollar. He asks, “Where are you going?” Where am I going? “Anywhere.” I answer. I sit down and ride. Ride to another place. Away from what I have known.

I wrote this after finding a prompt online. When I stared it my heart wasn't really in it, but as I went along I started to develop feelings for this person. They can be thought of as a man or a woman and I wrote it for the reader to figure out what it was about on their own.

AnnieHay said...
on Jan. 28 2011 at 4:06 pm
AnnieHay, Glendale, New York

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.~Ferris Beuller
The past is the future with the lights on.~Plus 44

nice job, ive been hoping u would write some more:) keep it up!