Mothers Day | Teen Ink

Mothers Day

By decouvrir GOLD, Cedar Park, Texas
decouvrir GOLD, Cedar Park, Texas

“Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.” -Sarah Dessen

Once upon a time, there lived a mother, a father, and their little girl. They lived in a beautiful house on a beautiful farm. The mother and father loved each other very much, and their cute little girl to. The mother gave so much for her family; she gave them a lot of love and all the wonderful ingredients to live a good life. When the little girl got in trouble for eating the icing off the cupcakes when it was her father’s birthday, her mother got upset, but she still loved her. They solved the problem by making more icing together and well sneaking only a few licks out of the bowl. Mother’s Day was coming up very soon, and the little girl did not know what to give her mother. At school all of her friends did show and tell on what they got for their mothers. “I drew a picture of my mommy’s favorite thing, a lighthouse!” Susie explained happily. “I made my mom a card with a special note just for her inside!” said Tommy. And when it was the little girls turn, well she had nothing to show them yet, and she knew she couldn’t lie, that would be very wrong. “Um, I…I haven’t gotten anything for my mommy yet.” She said shyly. The other students didn’t laugh, they didn’t point and nag her and do the horrible things she was expecting. Instead, they helped her out, they made suggestions for her. One suggested an idea that the little girl liked very much. So when school got out, the little girl raced home and went straight up to her room to get started on what she was making her mother. When Mother’s Day had come, the little girl was very excited to show her mother what she had done for her. So when the mother opened the gift that her husband had gotten her, a novel that she had really wanted, she kissed him and thanked him. Then when it was the little girls turn, she raced up to her room and grabbed what she had done for her mother. When she got back downstairs, she gave her mother a sheet of paper with…a story on it. The mother read the story that started with, Once upon a time there lived a mother, a father, and their little girl…The mother loved it and gave her a big hug and kiss. When the little girl got to school she told her fellow students what she had done for her mother, “I made my mother a story, which she loved very much!” She exclaimed with a big happy smile on her face. The end.