Invincible | Teen Ink

Invincible

By Will McDonald BRONZE, Park City, Utah
Will McDonald BRONZE, Park City, Utah

I was standing in a moderately sized field. Knee high grass caressed my legs; it felt oddly soft and smooth. The meadow ended on all sides at cliffs. To my right and left, in front of me and behind me, the grass gave way to a sheer drop, leaving me standing in the center of a perfectly square platform. Strong wind blowing into my face cast my hair about backwards, pulling at my scalp. I leaned forward, allowing the gale to support me. My eyes were closed and my arms were outstretched, parallel to the ground beneath the grass. My shirt and pants whipped around me wildly in the gusts. A wide grin expanded across my face as I existed in the harmony of the world around me. The world inside me.

The sun was high in the sky, though it could not be seen. Its warmth, however, could be felt on my skin. Dark, aggressive clouds sheathed the sky, and an impending storm was clearly visible on the horizon. The tempest drained all the peace out of the atmosphere, but the harmony remained present in my conscious. I did not fear the storm, as most others would have. It could not hurt me. It could not stop me. It could not even touch me. I lived above reality, the rest of the world existed below me and my platform.

I was unstoppable. My actions were irrevocable. Nothing could hinder my progress. I was invincible.

Eagle PLATINUM said...
Eagle PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

"I don’t have pet peeves — I have major psychotic f**king hatreds!"
George Carlin

Sweetness!