When I Stole Popsicles. | Teen Ink

When I Stole Popsicles.

December 28, 2010
By Flightless GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Flightless GOLD, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
13 articles 1 photo 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If it's all you've got embrace it." and "Anything is possible"(But not everything is probable) :/


When I was a little black fairy princess I stole popsicles and heart shaped chocolates and bottles of pop from my humble kingdom. I actually lived as a peasent girl in a nice home but with a crude family. They'd tell me to clean up after the baby or eat all my nasty food or I would starve, and so that lead to me stealing popsicles from my migical kingdom.

I'd always watch over my little goblin brother though. The one being picked on or told to do chores. I'd stand in the way of any feirce dragon or any old witch because even though he wasn't the prettiest creature in the world, he was my brother and I loved him.

Now as I grew up, my wings stayed black and my heart stayed cold and only he, my brother could recognize this, even over me. I was joyful and up in the sky having a laugh with my other fairy friends never to notice him still on the ground.

Well my kingdom was a real place, my gettaway from my peasent life. And no matter how much my owners would move me around the world, my kingdom was always there somehow. Yes, there were maids and butlers who wouldn't cease to attack me in peer envy or hate. And yes, there were maids and butlers I would befriend and trust. There were holes in the walls and secret passageways in the floors, like a labrynth I would always have something new to explore where I could get lost in my own wonder.

But as I grew up and my wings stayed black, and my heart still cold, and my brother still a little goblin troll. I lost some sparks; leaving less fires to burn. More maids and butlers ready to turn on me. And the worst part in losing so much of my fantasy; my little goblin brother began to become a fairy. He had gold wings, and his heart beat a pure scarlet red. Leaving me in the dust, in a home filled with dread.

I tried my hardest, I protected him with all my heart, I lost all my dreams trying to give him a better start.

Now I sit here in my empty kingdom. I wash the floors and dust the shelves. And when I go back home I sit and watch him take my life away. I read books and watch Tv. I won't eat, and can't sleep. I'm eager to leave back to school where all my friends and enemies are. It's still my kingdom, though I don't say it out loud. To be thought crazy in such a serious crowd.

Well my little goblin brother grew older and better than me. And I still try even though everthing and everyone says I should give up. My black wings are invisible to the human eye. And my cold heart, now I can see too. But the last thing I have left in me that is all mine forever. Is the silent silver tears that I cry when the rain falls down on my dirty peasent face, as I sing a harmony of solitude in a populated space. While everyone can see me as a scary beauty of fun. Who can see that I am the beauty of thoughts also? I am the only one.

I used to steal popsicles until i got caught. Whatever happened to me when I stopped.?

The author's comments:
Please comment.