Standard Fairytale | Teen Ink

Standard Fairytale

By AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.
Mae West

Once upon this time there is a princess who is locked in a tower and guarded by a dragon until the day the dragon eats the princess. This should, by right, be the end of the story. It is not. For then a knight rides up on his white charger—that is the standard vehicle for knights, you know, though I haven’t the dimmest idea why, as white chargers seem so desperately hard to keep clean and what kind of impression will a badly-kept white charger make? Oh, the dragon. Yes, well the dragon is still happily digesting its meal when the knight unsheathes his noble sword and rudely stabs the oblivious reptile! The poor dragon has, of course, expired by now, as things that are stabbed naturally do. And by all that is holy, a prince steps from within the dragon’s belly and the knight pulls off his helmet and is actually a girl. What odd happenings!

And in the natural order of things, our knight is madly in love with our prince, swearing undying devotion until death. Unfortunately for our knight, this young prince likes men. How nice for the white charger though, who has by now turned into a prince—the white charger is of that same brand of royalty as the princes who are transformed into frogs. The prince-who-was-a-horse and the prince-from-within-the-dragon ride away together—on what, I don’t know. Towers with dragons tend to be in the middle of nowhere and it’s hard to find a nice, good, completely white charger in the middle of nowhere. The knight is stranded now, without true love or a horse and with a dead dragon at her feet, out of which has rolled the body of what looks to be a deceased princess. And seven miles away, a completely unrelated rabbit lives happily ever after.

on Apr. 4 2011 at 9:37 am
AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Mae West

shucks! thanks!

Corinna SILVER said...
on Feb. 2 2011 at 9:06 am
Corinna SILVER, New Orleans, Louisiana

Friends bail you out of jail. Best friends are sitting next to you saying "wasn't that fun?"

yeah it's so funny

on Jan. 14 2011 at 9:41 am
AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Mae West

thank you so much!

on Jan. 14 2011 at 9:35 am
CeciliaIsEeyore BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

"They all put their pants on one leg at a time."

I've ready this several times and it never fails to make me laugh! Amazing writing as well. 

AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Mae West

Thank you, sir!

AlynIsMe BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

Mae West

THanks so mucho!

bobbyc15 BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This is amazing. This deserves to get into the magazine.

on Jan. 7 2011 at 9:23 am
GwsWriting GOLD, New Orleans, Louisiana
Very good! I hope this gets into the magazine