Food for Thought | Teen Ink

Food for Thought

Plip. Plop. Plip. Plop.
Swoosh, plop. Sploosh, plip.
“It feels incredible,” Cheery thought, “the rain is incredible!” She floated around in awe, amazed at all these new sensations she had never felt before. Cheery was new here, but she already felt at home in the small town called Bowl. There were plenty of people to talk to, and they were all so cheerful! The rain was just the icing on top of the cake, so to speak. It showered down in graceful groups, flowing all around Cheery and her new friends. But then, suddenly, the rain stopped, and something strange happened. A giant silver line flew across the sky, and suddenly Cheery was spinning around and around. “Eeeeeeee” was the cry of Cheery’s friends as they were lifted away by the large silver line, and then a loud horrifying “CRRUUUUNNCCHHH.” Cheery froze and fear seeped down into her every fiber. But then all was silent, for a moment, until little sweet snowflakes began to fall down, completely covering the town of bowl. Cheery wasn’t so cheery anymore, in fact, she would never be cheery again, because Cheery’s last name, was Oh. That horrifying crunch was the last thing she ever heard.