The Shadow | Teen Ink

The Shadow

By LorenzM.Estrada BRONZE, Tamuning, Other
LorenzM.Estrada BRONZE, Tamuning, Other

actions are imbued with deception; prejudice is inevitable

I can never be a part of who you are but you are a part of me. Without you, I am nothing. I copy every move you make, do the gestures you always do, hug the person you always hugged, I endlessly follow everywhere you go. You are always in front of me whenever I’m timid to reveal myself, you were always there when I needed you the most.

Whenever you cried I couldn’t do anything. I’m always there, but I seem to be forever useless. Even in the midst of your lament, you still manage to protect me, and somehow fill that hole that no one else can ever will.

One morning, you merrily woke up as if it were your last, and I was greatly relieved by this remarkable transition in your moods. I went up with it. This might be the change I have been waiting for. I couldn’t help but be very thankful for your realization and decision to move on. I did every enchanting move you made, but, as you went to the restroom and saw your face in the mirror, your smiling face suddenly turned teary. You hit the mirror so hard, and blood quickly flowed from your knuckles. You were shaking.. and your legs felt very weak and gave up. You fell on the floor, and I couldn’t do anything. Your shaking bloody hands decided to grab a shattered mirror, and carelessly ran it through your scarlet flesh. Blood quickly found its way out.. You were trembling. I was panicking. I couldn’t do anything!!!

PLEASE, DON’T GIVE UP ON ME. please..

but you couldn’t hear me..nor feel me.. but I was right next to you. Witnessing this horrid event of your death..

You thought everyone loathed your presence, why is it very easy to forget about the best things when the bad ones come? Why is it very easy to forget to think about the obvious.. I have failed you my master. But, here I am, still, upon your death, lying next in your cold body, and forever we will be together, without anyone else to ever hurt you again anymore.