Being a Bird | Teen Ink

Being a Bird

Being a bird isn’t easy you have to get up at the crack of dawn and spend hours upon hours just to find a single worm that is if you’re lucky. Which in my case I was not lucky; for one I got up an hour late this morning, second I lost the last worm too a woodpecker, and last I got stuck in this stupid house and now I cant get out. Well it could be worse I could be stuck in a house with a cat or some mad old lady who thinks I’m an angel and won’t stop trying to catch me. But still I’m stuck in this house and probably won’t ever escape.

Man I am so hungry I haven’t ate yet and its almost dinner time plus on top of that Benny, probably the most stupid bird of the century, showed up outside the window in the second floor bedroom and thought I was ghost so he got scared and flew off leaving me still stuck in this darn house all alone. Though there are some things good abut being stuck in this house such as it is nice and cool in here and blistering hot outside oh and I don’t have to go to the electric line meeting tonight. Although Terence will be quite unhappy seeing as I skipped the last twelve meetings in a row. So at least something goods gonna come out of this situation.

this is a short storie i wrote in my free time while sitting in class one day. please enjoy.