Always Together | Teen Ink

Always Together

By fairbrat BRONZE, Sacramento, California
fairbrat BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Better to ask forgivness than permission

Preface: Carter p.o.v
Two weeks earlier

After I realized all the good times that Aidan and I had been through, I realized one thing that I never did when I was little. It was probably the most important thing that I could’ve realized and all I could do now was hope that I wasn’t too late to realize it. It was just now that I realized it though, that I was in love with my best friend, Aidan Peters.

Chapter One: Girlfriends and Best Friends
Aidan p.o.v

Ever since I met Carter Flemming, my life was nothing but bliss. Thanks to her, I had the best friends in the world, good grades, and a pretty good life. I remember the day we first met….
Flashback

I was six years old and I had just moved to Forks, Washington with my parents. I was new at Forks Elementary, and it was in the middle of the year when I transferred. I was so scared, but Carter made my worse day into the best.
First Day of School

My mom walked with me to the door of the school. She registered me at the front office, and the secretary pointed me in the direction of my first grade class.

I walked down the long corridor, turning once to look back at my mother. I was a little scared at starting a new school, but I had to be brave. I walked into my classroom, and there was a bunch of kids sitting in a circle around a chair which the teacher sat in. she was reading a book to the class.

I went over to the teacher and gave her the piece of paper in my hands that said my name, age, and grade. She smiled at me as she took the paper. She looked at it, and then told me to take a seat next to someone in the circle.

I looked around. Most of the other kid’s faces were blank. When I looked across one girl’s face, I was surprised. Unlike many of the other students, she dint have a blank look on her face, or a mean or angry one, she was smiling at me.

She patted the spot on the carpet next to her, motioning me to go over and sit with her. After I sat down, I really looked at her. That’s when I realized that she was really pretty. She had long, reddish-brown hair and green eyes with brown highlights in them.

“Hey,” she whispered. Her voice was angelic.

“Hi,” I said shyly.

“I’m Carter Flemming,” she said.

“I’m Aidan Peters.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“You too.”

Class ended about fifteen minutes later. After class, she caught me walking out the gate of the school.

“Aidan!” she yelled.

“Yeah?” I asked. I turned around and she came to a stop in front of me.

“You're my best friend,” she said smiling. I smiled back and turned to walk to my mom’s car.