Monolouge | Teen Ink

Monolouge

By devsicle GOLD, Kennebunk, Maine
devsicle GOLD, Kennebunk, Maine

Dream like you will live forever, life like you will die tomorow.

Oh my God – I love this purse! How much is it? Where is it made? Nicaragua – is that one of those countries where little kids are forced to work with no pay? But I love this purse! It's already made so what does it hurt if I buy it – if I don't buy it someone else will – the little kids need in work in those countries even if it is not the best of conditions – but if I don't buy it then maybe it will make a difference – someone one to take a stand – but that beautiful purse – I have to, have to have it – it matches my new coat but those kids they have no coats – no food – no nothing Maybe I can send a donation to a charity in Nicaragua and buy the purse – doesn't that even things out – I will still be helping them – no – no don't buy it – don't help the big corporations get bigger and richer and the poor get poorer and poorer – but I am only one person I cannot change the system – I am but a pawn of the marketing profession – I love owning beautiful things – why else would they make them – it is not my fault I want this purse and I am going to have it – maybe just maybe a little sacrifice wouldn't hurt me maybe it would be good for my soul – maybe I won't buy the purse and still find someone I can help those poor kids have a better quality of life- maybe just maybe I will make a difference even if it just puts a smile one little girls face – maybe I will change the world!
Oh my God I love this purse – how much is it? - where is it made -America – I'll take it!

I had to write a monolouge for theater class about a problem going on in the world.