The Colors of Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Red is the color I turned when Mark Adams first kissed me on the cheek. I said I most certainly did not like him, and he said he could prove I was lying. He knew a special test. By changing colors I failed the test, and he couldn’t stop laughing.

Orange was the color of our fingertips when we finished a family-sized bag of Cheetos. We stayed up all night watching “Star Wars” movies. Mark couldn’t believe I’d never seen a George Lucas film. We didn’t eat popcorn because he had lost his popcorn-popping privileges. He didn’t tell me why; he just said it was a dark day in the Adams household.

Yellow daffodils were pushing up from the ground when he took me to the park, saying we must “celebrate spring.” He brought an enormous red kite, the kind that has a tail with ribbons. As we sat in the grass, he undid the sun-colored ribbon in my brown hair, adding it to the tail of the kite. We ran all around the park to keep our kite flying, the ribbons waving.

Green was the color of Mark’s face after we rode the biggest roller coaster in the amusement park. He’s afraid of them, but he rode it anyway to prove that he was “man enough,” I guess. When the ride was over, he dashed to the nearest trash can, emptying his stomach. So much for manhood. I couldn’t stop laughing. That is, until he said if I didn’t stop, he’d kiss me on the mouth. Barf kiss: gross!

Blue envelopes are tied up with string in a shoebox under my bed. Love letters Mark left in my locker, signed, “Your secret admirer, Mark.” I told him signing his name defeated the purpose of a secret admirer, but he said he didn’t care.

Indigo ink on the palm of his hand where he wrote “I love you.” I kissed his palm, and all of his fingers, before settling on his mouth.

Violet roses I received a week before our anniversary. We never exchanged gifts on that day. He said red ones were overdone. “Besides,” he added, “violet is the color of passion.” He waggled his eyebrows, and I laughed, hitting him lightly on the arm.

The colors of the rainbow are the ties that bring Mark and me together. Growing ever stronger, they portray our love.

AnImE_LoVeR54 said...
I lOvE YoUr StOrY It Is So NiCe AnD GoOd KeEp Up ThE GoOd WoRk!

Book Addict said...
I absolutely loved this! It was so sweet!(: I'm totally making this one of my top ten favorites!(=

AquariusSun&Moon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is soooooo good! It's going in my favorites! :D

biddycakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow! thats really good! i always come back and read this one piece

ettelohcinlove said...
Cute. Mark Adams. Wow. First read that and thought it said Matt. (Bad on my part...someone I know.)

donna_maleesha said...
Omg! This was so sweet. Keep up the good work! i LOVED it!

MalPal said...
lol This is so cute. I hope yall stay together forever.

ChowD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
aww! that was really cute!
great job!

XoLaUrEnOx7 said...
omg i luvd the colors! i thought it was so funny and sooo cute!!! <3 keep goin, ur an amazing writer!

Nanna said...
This is such a freaking adorable love story! Amazing, keep writing!
Please check out on of my poems, Why Do I. Thanks : )

Ali.B said...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 11:12 am:
This made my heart laugh. Very happy, very sweet. Keep writing!

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:22 am:
A touching love story. <3

Dara R. said...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 10:06 am:
this is a new and creative way of writing--i luv it! this story almost made me cry!

shamrockwriter said...
Very creative idea with all the colors representing a part of their relationship! Very cute! Keep writing!

writer1029384756 said...
WOW!! This story gave me goose bumps, my only advice is when you are on green and he was proving he was "man enough" that you get rid of the I guess.

Nanna replied...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 1:54 pm :
That was one of my favorite parts. It adds some humor to it. And we know all guys are like that....

Cat_Art101 said...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 10:54 am:
This story is incredible! It was so cute, it made my heart smile. :) Keep writing!

oriGINAlity said...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 9:03 am:
So Cute. Great Descriptors. Basically Awesome!

PurpleMidnight said...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 8:44 am:
Wow! This IS the cutest story I've ever read, but its also something more. I love it! keep on writing Milan!!!

GirlWithWings56This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 8:39 am:
That is probably the cutest story I've read on TeenInk. Well done! I loved it!