Trapped | Teen Ink

Trapped

October 7, 2010
By Anonymous

I’m trapped, kicking and screaming; I am stuck inside my own mind. I’m done for now, she’s wrapped her gangly tentacles around me and is holding on for dear life. “Let me go! Let me go!”

I want to scream at the top of my lungs, yet at the same time its kind of comforting. She’s not always mean. Sometimes her scraping nails and wicked, demonic laugh leave me. Never for too long however, for fear that I have beat her. But other times she’s soft, she coos in my ear; “Don’t be afraid, it’ll be okay. I’m here to help you, you’ll never be alone with me. You just have to promise me one thing; keep me a secret. They don’t understand, they’ll just be jealous. Especially her; she doesn’t know how to share you. That selfish girl wants you all to herself. She’ll make me go away, leave you forever and neither of us want that. So just promise me, don’t tell a soul, I’m a real sweetheart I promise. Forget what anyone else says. Forget them. Who are they? What do they know? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I’ll help you see the world like never before. I’ll help you, hurt you, and most importantly, destroy you.”

“Please oh please let me go!”

“Don’t cry, don’t plead. I’ll only think you’re more pathetic. You’re an attention seeking w****. Everyone will hate you. Oh wait, they already do.”