The Eyes of the Forest

She looked out as she did every winter. Alia was kept inside all the time. Mostly, she would sit and stare at her wall, but winter was her favorite time of year. The snow showed her how bright the world is, although she could'nt see it up close and personally herself.
She sighed as the trees swayed. Somehow, it made her sad to watch them sway, like they would fall someday soon.
Then something happened. Alia could've sworn she saw something; two yellow eyes peeking out between the trees. She stared intently until they came again, but this time there was more than one pair. She ran downstairs.
"Mommy!" the eight-year-old bellowed.
"What is it, honey?" the woman seemed scared at the panic of her daughter. "Is something wrong?"
"I was looking out of my window...and I saw...these eyes."
Her mother knelt down in front of her, smiling. "Oh, don't worry, those are the eyes of the forest."
"The what?"
"They are the eyes that watch over us, so none of the animals get us."
Alia's gray eyes lit up with wonder. "Oh!"
And she ran back to her room to gaze at those eyes.

thepreechyteenager said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 6:25 am

Super cool!  It's like personification magnified.  I would have never thought to gaive a forest eyes, only ear.  Your very creative in that :)  I hope you will continue this, because I'd be interested in reading more!  Especially about why little Alia cannot go outside.  Good job, 4 stars!!!

If you have time, can you look at my story "Encounter"?

XXTessaXX replied...
Thank you so much!! I honestly couldn't think of why she couldn't go outside...I'll just say that her immune system is almost nonexistant so her mom doesn't want her getting diseases. I'll read your story!!

thepreechyteenager replied...
Hpw about a conspericey (<-- that was probably spelled wrong)?  Her mother says her immune system is non-existant, but... the woods are really keeping them hostage? idk, that was totally random, whatever- great story though so far!

Macx14 said...
Very cute and I love the name you chose for her!!