Fighting the loss

It can't be true. These things they are telling me is not right. What kinda sick joke is this? I thought as the sat me down infront of them. "Your mother died, Sheane." my aunt sobbed out.
"You're lying" I shouted.
"Sheane, honey she is telling the truth." My dad cried trying to grab my hand.
"What kinda sick joke is this." I cry.
I get up and push my way through the group of family and run to my room. I slam the door making sure they know that i know they are lying. I sat on a chair at the window in my room. I had the door locked and I didn't move. I waited for my mother come home . I waited all night and into the morning but she never showed up. I slid of my chair and tip-toed over to my dresser and reached into my jewlery box. I pull out a small gold locket. I held it close to my chest. Dad was right about mom. She was gone. I thought. I cried out. My loud sobs broke the erie sound of the house. I screamed on the top of my lungs hoping this nightmare would end. I grabbed the glass cup from my dresser and threw it at the wall. Small fragments of glass bounced back and cut my skin. "Sheane!" my dad screamed.
I screamed the glass cut deep in my arm. I grabbed the old wooden jewlery box that my mom and dad gave me when i was two. I flung it at the wall and watched it shatter. My dad finally got the door open and came in. he pulled me into a hug and let me sob on his shoulder. He took me to the hospital and i had to get stiches. My dad held my locket when i got my stiches. I walk out of the hospital crying. "Whats wrong?" he asked.
"I am afraid I will forget her" I cried.
My dad stops me and puts my locket on me.
"Now she is with you, even though you cant see her" He said and hugged me.
I smile at him and realize he is right.

ValkyrieRising said...
Sept. 23, 2010 at 4:41 am
This is a good story, a bit cliche though. Why has no one read mine???

thepreechyteenager said...
Sept. 22, 2010 at 6:27 am

A little bit of a rushed ending, and you had a few grammar mistakes,  but overall, pretty good!

The storyline was quite common, but I think you put your own little spin on it preyy nicely.  Oh, and the beginning was very intriguing.  It pulled me right into this story :)  I also liked how you hardly ever spendt any time talking about who Sheala is, and yet you made her character so strong and so fast :)

Can you chekc out my story, "Encounter"?

TaylorRenee14 replied...

thanks!! and yeah i will lol i kinda realized i rushed into after i had posted it so yeah

Macx14 said...
This is what I would consider to be bleak and beautiful. Make it longer and it would be better, yet. Great job!

TaylorRenee14 replied...
i know i had realized that after i had posted it i but i am gonna try another one making it longer this time

Macx14 replied...
It seems so much longer on paper or as a document than when you actually post it...I know what you mean. Great job, though!

TaylorRenee14 replied...
Thanks alot i had just written a new one but it has not been like published on teenink website yet but l will let everyone know when it is

Macx14 replied...
Great, and you're very welcome!!