Halloween | Teen Ink

Halloween

September 11, 2010
By butterflybooknerd04 SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
butterflybooknerd04 SILVER, Henderson, Nevada
5 articles 8 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Positive thinking leads to positive results.


On Halloween the long, lengthy, lingering limbs of a Cedar Tree frightened a boy on that dark, scary night. The screeching, scratchy sound made the boy want to run home but his legs were stiffer than marshmallows. His heart drummed like a rabbit hopping for its life. Eerie voices made him want to jump out of his skin so he ran home, which felt like it was on the other side of the world. So he ran, he ran through the dark street, he ran through the deserted house, he ran until he couldn't run anymore. When he finally stopped he heard the bizarre sounds again. Then a group of kids behind masks crackled with laughter and chased him and pointed and surrounded him and finally took off their masks to show that it was just his friends scaring him. When he realized it was his friends he was angry but was glad and relieved. They walked home with laughter , they ate there candy with laughter and he talked about that terrifying experience with laughter. That night he realized his friends were funny, he realized his friends were cruel but his friends were his friends.