To the Docks | Teen Ink

To the Docks

By I.Hrty PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida
I.Hrty PLATINUM, Palm Coast, Florida

All I can do is just be me, whoever that is.
-Bob Dylan

This was the new world to me; the docks spread open onto the new age smell of food and gossip. My name is Joshua and my friend and I made it to this region of the world. Night life was already beginning to me as always when I road a vessel onto a great distance of grass or sand, I am of course a traveler. In all the travels I seemed to have passed I get the feeling of the new world upon me; foreign were the other countries, but I never went to the city of the angels diving over the visitors who pass onto the docks, listen to the new age music in their Mp3’s, or talk of the new book on the bestseller hot list. I was beat in my skeleton, and my cigarette was not yet lit to me this was only the beginning. I packed light with no butlers of henchmen to guide me in the right direction; roads to me mean nothing for when the road ends work begins, and when work begins you life ends.
“Shall you proceed on my love, or are you to stay and ride farther to the tip of the ice burg?”
The captain was tired and so was I “Need not travel farther boat man, so why not let us drop the bags to ground and rest here for the night?”
“So be it through the hell of the immortals, the gods may let you live once, you begin to work and you must like all great men should, but see the multi-colored rainbow before the day is through.”
“Agreed” said me and my young friend said.
“We should see the life tang on the tips of our lizard tongues, the honey ambrosia, and let the guiding spirit lead us on.”