A Short Interruption | Teen Ink

A Short Interruption

September 13, 2010
By PixieDust BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York
PixieDust BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To obtain, something of equal value must be lost."
-- Edward Elric


My fingers hurt as they fly across the keyboard, pressing each key too roughly, too quickly for my mind to really keep up with. This is perfect, I'm telling myself over and over in my head. I notice myself hitting the wrong keys here and there, and before my mind had time to auto-correct, I think, I'll fix it later.

The act of writing in itself can be more admirable then the outcome, I think, maybe. Sit down, watch, I'll create a story for you, darling....

What I'm writing is simple, and yet, so, so amazing. A girl is a princess without a prince, but it doesn't stop there. Skip the dragon, the evil step mom, what do you get?

Someone normal, a lonely girl who is in her own right a princess anyway. Locked away in a tower she calls her mind, she's only waiting for when her prince can meet her halfway.

Walking to school with her books in tow is not a chore, the fresh air on her skin refreshing, cool with the right mixture of warm.

She barely glances as she passes faces she sees daily, each worn out to her eyes, making her way to class, sitting before any questions can be asked.

She's all set up when the bell rings, granting a flooding of students into her classroom.

The teacher is up at the board, a boy with him, a new kid, new to the school, the town, telling the class, He will be with us for the rest of the year...

And the girl thinks, maybe, at that moment, someone new is who could be her prince charming.

But, shoo! Let me finish the story!


The author's comments:
A quick look.