Just One Wish

I gazed up at the sky, my eyes dead, my breathing shallow. I stared and stared, until the blue transformed to navy. I didn’t change my kneeling posisition, even though my legs were asleep.
I didn’t know what I was waiting for, maybe I was hoping if I stayed still like this long enough, I would die. I wanted it to end, the suffering, the daily abuse, the hunger, the yelling, and the fighting. I didn’t want to put up with it anymore. If I died, would my troubles end?
Eventually, the navy changed to black, and still I didn’t move. Were the answers I sought up in the sky? The answers to how to end it all?
I was too tired to sit up, so I fell to the ground. But my gaze didn’t shift, and my eyes stayed trained on heavens. There was no source of light, because it was a new moon.
Just as blackness began appearing on the edge of my vision, warning me I was on the verge of losing consciousness, I noticed a small light among the void of darkness. The first star. It gazed down on me, and I stared back up at it.
The first star… I thought. I remembered when I was little-when I was happy-my mother told me that you could make a wish on the first star that appeared at night. I’d tried it before, but it’d never worked. But now was different, now I needed it the most.
Just one wish… I thought. Just let this one wish come true…

thepreechyteenager said...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 9:02 am:

I could totally go for more of this!  The emotion in this was just amazing!  This was really, really good.  Of coarse, I'm no the author so I don't get to decide, but if you're are trying to decide between realistic fiction and fansasy, I'd go with fansasy for two reasons.  1)  Your screen name is FantasyNight, and 2)  There are way less Fanstasy stories on this sight than realistic fiction, so you'd have a better chance of getting published.

Oh, and I did... (more »)

FantasyNight replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 12:00 pm :
thanks alot! and I'll check out your story ;)

Smoothieheart replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 1:49 pm :
I'll check it out too

Smoothieheart said...
I realy like this story! It's written really really well! Please post more! ;)

FantasyNight replied...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 8:17 pm :
:D ok! hmm...can't decide wether to make it realistic or fantasy...

GabrielleFantasy said...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 7:37 am:
So beautiful. :') LOVE IT

FantasyNight replied...
Aug. 25, 2010 at 7:56 pm :
thanks! :D

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 4, 2010 at 9:36 pm :
This is beautiful!

MirandaFantasy replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:24 pm :
thank you very much~!