Kendra's Christmas Caper | Teen Ink

Kendra's Christmas Caper

July 4, 2010
By WriterChick SILVER, Fenton, Michigan
WriterChick SILVER, Fenton, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love your best friends while you have them, because someday, you might wake up and they won\'t be there anymore.


“18 hours, and 59 minutes left,” Kendra announced on the day before Christmas.

Kendra was 12 years old and very, very smart. Kendra and her twin sister, Grace were always looking for a mystery.

CHAPTER 1: A Real Live Mystery


On Christmas morning, the girls woke up at 8’oclock, had showers, and got dressed in their matching Christmas outfits, and then they went downstairs. To their amazement, under the tree there were…NO PRESENTS!!!

“Mom, Dad!” the girls cried rushing into their parents’ room “All the presents are GONE!!!”
Their parents looked at each other and laughed. Then they got up to check.

“Oh my goodness,” the girls’ mother stammered, “What did you do with them?”

“Nothing!” the girls replied.

The girls knew what would happen next, they would get to solve a real live mystery!

CHAPTER 2: The Clue


Rubbed their parents fingers on pencils, and stuck tape first to their fingers, and then to some plain white paper. They repeated the process on the tree base, then they waited, until they saw an entire palm print across it.


The girls looked for clues, while their parents grabbed a mug of coffee…

Suddenly, Grace shouted, and Kendra ran to see what was the matter.

“There are two hand prints!”

The girls suddenly realized that one was their mom’s and the other was their dad’s.

“We didn’t do it! Those are just our prints from last night!”

All the while, their dog Grimly was lying in the middle of the kitchen floor, chewing on a new bone that was supposed to be his Christmas present. “So, it was Grimly thinking that all the presents were for him,” Kendra and Grace said. “So, that wraps up the Christmas Caper.”


The author's comments:
This was my first real story. I had a lot of fun writing it.