Afterlife

She walked up the mountain. The haunting milieu intimidated her. The rocky road, the slithering wind, the imperious trees--they were almost too much to bear. A small hut sat at the end of the path. She had heard the rumors of the nihilistic old lady that lived there, of her machinations. But she didn’t care. She had also heard the necromancy rumors, and that’s what she was interested in. He had died many years ago, and she wanted to meet with him once again. Maybe the old lady could do something about it. The ones who told her of the woman may have been mendacious, but that was the least of her worries. She wanted to believe the rumors were true. She wanted to talk to him once more. She doubted an old woman could be a miscreant. Hopeful and confused, her feelings were a maelstrom inside the pit of her abdomen. Such a nebulous future lay ahead. This could change her life. She raised her fist, and knocked.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I liked this very much, and I applaud you for the ending. Some would say that it drops the story off too soon, but I say it leaves the reader to wonder. Well done.