Free of insanity

Don’t think of this as a trick. It’s just a set of the mind. No clouds or mirrors. Just another life experience.

Your thoughts begin to blur. Your throat tightens. Palms moist with sweat. Heart beating faster. Almost as if it’s running a race with your mind. Trying to keep up with all the questions blazing through your skull. You begin to spin. Everything becoming one big blob of nothing. Gray haze covers your eyes. It begins to pick up pace. More and more you spin. Lights piercing your retinas. Crazier the world seems to get. You no longer can keep up with the all dismay. You feel as if you are about to give up. Legs weakening, body deflating. Everything falling apart. Then it stops. You regain consciousness. Your strength is back. The blur to your eyes is suddenly cleared. And your mind is free of insanity.

Saint_that_Sins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like the way you think. Your pieces seem to be nothing more than your personal thoughts and thats the way all great writing begins. Keep it up, just pour out your thoughts... You might go places.