Free of insanity | Teen Ink

Free of insanity

June 30, 2010
By AshArt BRONZE, Corinth, New York
AshArt BRONZE, Corinth, New York
2 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
\"I wonder if it\'s possible to have a love affair that lasts forever.\" Andy Warhol


Don’t think of this as a trick. It’s just a set of the mind. No clouds or mirrors. Just another life experience.

Your thoughts begin to blur. Your throat tightens. Palms moist with sweat. Heart beating faster. Almost as if it’s running a race with your mind. Trying to keep up with all the questions blazing through your skull. You begin to spin. Everything becoming one big blob of nothing. Gray haze covers your eyes. It begins to pick up pace. More and more you spin. Lights piercing your retinas. Crazier the world seems to get. You no longer can keep up with the all dismay. You feel as if you are about to give up. Legs weakening, body deflating. Everything falling apart. Then it stops. You regain consciousness. Your strength is back. The blur to your eyes is suddenly cleared. And your mind is free of insanity.


The author's comments:
I think this piece is about keeping up with the world. Trying to keep track of where life is going. But if you just let go, you will be free. More or less my conscious telling me to slow down.