Destiny:Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Destiny:Chapter 1

June 22, 2010
By skatergirl13 PLATINUM, Woodbridge, Virginia
skatergirl13 PLATINUM, Woodbridge, Virginia
21 articles 0 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
" your heart is the most valuable thing I have I don't want to lose it"


My name is Yuna and I'm ready to have and adventure.I want to go out and see the world.My mom says I'm going to do great things in this world.She says I have a destiny,That I'm going to save the world;I know that's all non-sense.This is reality not a dream.

I'm going to be turning 18 tomorrow.Then soon I'll be in college.i'm going to have this big party with all my friends.My mom and I went to go shopping for some party supplies that needed.In the car it was silent,it seemed like my mom was mad at me.i didn't say anything though.So I just turned on my Ipod on and listen to music on the way there.
We got to the store and she was still silent;I decided to break it.

"Mom did I do something wrong.why aren't you talking to me."I said to her a little loud.She didn't say anything to me.When we got in line to purchase the supplies she started yelling at me.

"what with this boy named Adian?" She had asked me. but she started out in such a mean nasty voice so I didn't know if I should tell her the truth I feel like she get mad at me.

"What are you talking about mom." I said with a bad aditude.I get my bad aditude from my mom but i hate to use it towards her.
"Are you dating Adian.What been going on with you two and why don't I know about this." She was talking so loud and people started staring at us.

"Mom you really need to lower your voice,we will continue this in the car,okay." After that she got even more mad at me.She hates it when I act like the parent.I know I'm not but still she doesn't need to act like this is public.

"When did you become the parent." She said with a ever snobby aditude.I didn't say anything after that.I just rolled my eyesand looked the other way.I felt so embrassed,every one was looking at us argue.We just walked to the car in silence.Not one word came form either of our mouths until we got into the car.

"You'll will not talk to me like you the parent,got that missy." She said with a mean nasty voice as if she could tell me what to do.I'm about to turn 18 and she's doesn't control me.
"When did you ever tell me what to do,mom." My mom started the engine at put the car in drive then we got on the road.
"So who is Adian?" Mom ask.
"Adian is my friend mom."I had said with a straight face.Even though it was a lie,Adain was my boyfriend,we have been going out for about three months now.I couldn't tell my mom that.She would freak out.
"baby girl you better not lie to me." My mom had said with a calmer tone of voice.
"Why is it any of your business anyway mother?" She stoped at a red light and it was quiet all of the sudden.

"What are you doing with a boyfriend." She said
"I'm about to be 18 and your asking me why I have a boyfriend." then the light turned green so my mom steped on the peddle.
"Your to young to date your going to breakup with him the next time you see him."

What my mom problem I'm almost an adult and she going to say I'm to young to date that crazy.She bossing me around like I'm 15 or 16 but I'm not anymore.
"I'm not going to do that your funny."
"If you don't then your party's off tomorrow."My mouth dropped and some rain drops rolled down my cheek.
"That's not fair."
"Life isn't fair honey so you better get use to it." My mom was being such a ***** and I didn't even know why this isn't that big of a deal.
"I hate you." I screamed out at the top of my lungs.While there was pooring rain in my eyes.Then this guy wne past a red light and hit our car...

I woke up and found myself at the hospital.I asked the nurse what happend.She told me that I was in a car crash.
"May I speak to my dad please?" I had ask the kind nurse with a worried look on my face.

"Honey are you okay?" he sounded every depressed.
"Yeah I'm fine,are you?"
"Yuna I have something to tell you." I knew by the look on his face that the news wasn't good news.
"Well I don't know how to tell you this but mom is dead."
"What,no that can't be true." I said while rain drops were sliding down my cheek.

"I want to see Adian dad."
"not until the nurse lets you go.He'll be in the waiting room."
"Okay thanks." My dad left the room and I was still crying it was like I was sitting in a puddle of tears.The nurse walked in and ask if she was okay.I told her yes.The nurse said I was going to be let go in ten minutes.

While I was waiting I'm thinking about how It's going to be with out my mom around.I need to see Adian;I'm like freaking out.I don't know what to do or how to deal with this.I know that Adian will help me get through this.The nurse came back in the room.She told me to sit still;So that she could take chords and stuff off me.When she got them all off she asked me to stand up and see if I could walk.I walked perfectly fine.
She said the scars should heal with in a few days.The nurse let me out and I went to see Adian.

He saw me and gave me a big hug.
"I was so worried about you." He said so relieved.
"I thought you were going to be a goner." He heard me crying and he didn't know anything except that I was in a car crash.
"Are you okay Yuna what's wrong?"
"Adian my mom,she's dead."
"What,I'm so sorry" He opened his arms and held me umtil I stopped crying.

"Are you going to be okay Yuna?"
"Um...I'm not sure,but can I stay with you tonight."
"Of course you can baby." Then his soft lips touched mine.when I released I felt a little better.My dad came up to us to see how I'm doing.
"Hey honey are you ready to go,I'll drive you home."
"Actually dad I'm going to Adian's if that's okay."
"Yeah Thats Alright." He gave me a hug and said I love you and tole me to be carful.
"Adian is driving dad we'll be fine."
"Okay he said nicely.Drive carful Adian I don't need to lose another one."
"I will sir don't worry."