I wish I could | Teen Ink

I wish I could

June 14, 2010
By Anonymous

It all started when I was in 5th grade and I started to be intrested in boys. Before 5th grade I thought boys were gross and had cooties. But when I went to 5th grade, all that changed. I dated about 4 guys in 5th grade and all of them made me cry. Every time I would cry, my friends would tell me,"There are plenty of fishes in the water," but I wouldn't listen and keep on dating boys.
Then I dated this one boy, and this one I told myself that I loved. And you could say that I was blind by love because I couldn't see anything else but him. Everything was going great in our relationship. Except for the fact that my friends would always get in my business and not leave me alone. That really bothered me. But I didn't want to tell them anything.
Then one day one of my friends came up with a lie that I asked out another guy. Then she went to go tell my boyfriend! A big lie, she went to go tell him. I really didn't want to cry in school so I stayed strong untill I got home. I got home crying. There were a million tears in my eyes. My boyfriend was sad too. I just couldn't believe what happened!
The next day my other friend saw me crying on the school bus. She asked me what was wrong. I told her that I was crying about the thing that happened yesterday. She told me to let it go. But I told her that I couldn't. That day I didn't talk to my boyfriend and I tried to avoid him.
When I got home, there was no one else home but me. So I decided to do something. I decided to try suicide. I got a kitchen knife and i cut my arm. I bled a lot. But nothing happened.
I only told my best friend about what I did, because I knew I could trust her. She wouldn't tell anybody about it. SO I told her. She went insane. She started yelling at me telling me I was crazy. But she still told me that she wouldn't tell anybody.
I cried a lot that day too. My friend she told me I should let it go. I told her I was going to try suicide again she told me that if I die, she will too. But I didn't listen to her and I did the same thing.
My friend called me that afternoon. She told me to forget about him. I told her I wish I could and screamed.