Inverted | Teen Ink

Inverted

June 2, 2010
By mysticriver7 GOLD, Blacksburg, Virginia
mysticriver7 GOLD, Blacksburg, Virginia
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"We're all mad here."


What if up was down?
If, for a second, everything was inverted. What if, while we struggled to find balance, I reached out and grabbed your hand and in that moment we realized that’s what we both had been waiting for? As we awkwardly moved around on the floor, which became the ceiling, trying to master the art of walking about with our heads in the air. What is we became stuck like that forever? Would we be happy up there, holding hands while sitting on the ceiling (which used to be the floor). What if it were perfect? Would we still be afraid? What if we had the time of our lives?
What if…
We didn’t have to be inverted and sitting on the floor that became the ceiling to be happy? What if it didn’t take a giant shift of normality for me to reach for your hand and realize that’s what we’d been waiting for. What if we still moved awkwardly around, but this time because we don’t quite know how to deal with the extra weight someone else’s outstretched hand causes. What if it wasn’t perfect, but that was ok because we were ready for the curves life throws at us? If we could set aside the superficial for the genuine, maybe we’d be alright with this crazy, out of order, right way up world.