Lost Love | Teen Ink

Lost Love

June 1, 2010
By love_always BRONZE, Mooresville, North Carolina
love_always BRONZE, Mooresville, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite quote is from Supernatural.

Dean: "Driver picks the music, shot gun shuts his cake hole."


The cool touch of the small arm chair contradicted the heat radiating off Abby’s beaten face. Andrew was there, like he always was. Abby liked having him close; she didn’t have to hide from him. He knew the truth about everything that went on in Abby’s house. Abby is constantly beaten by her drunken dad. There isn’t much she can do, so she just deals with it.

“I hate that he does this to you,” Andrew said trying to keep his voice down. He lifted his arm, and wiped tears away from Abby’s face. Abby shuttered. She wasn’t aware that she was crying. She didn’t like to cry. I stale smell of the attic filled the air, and made Andrew turn his nose up.

“You don’t have to be here,” Abby said noticing the smell still bothered Andrew. She was use to it, due to being locked up there so many time by here dad.

“I want to be here,” Andrew said taking a break from her beaten face, and looking deep into her eyes. Abby loved Andrew’s eyes. She loved how she could get lost in his deep green eyes, but could still find some blue in them. They reminded her of peace and freedom - of how life should be. Abby swiftly grabbed Andrew’s hand forcing him to stop.

“Thank you, for being here for me,” Abby said quietly. She was always quiet, that’s probably why people didn’t bother with her. Andrew, once again, started tending to the blood spilling out of a newly opened slash about her right eye.

Abby could instantly tell his worried face was trying to hold back tears. She slid her arms around Andrew’s neck, and pulled him to her.

“This isn’t your fault. None of this is,” Abby told him. Andrew pulled away and let a few tears escape and fall down his checks. Andrew started to pace across the room. His pacing made the small attic room seem even smaller.

“He is going to pay for this!” Andrew yelled in a harsh voice. He was angry and Abby understood. The threatening tone Andrew was using reminded Abby too much of her dad. As the memories flew back to her, Abby flinched and fell to the floor. She felt so scared, so weak.

“Abby?” Andrew asked concerned as he filled the space between them.

“I’m so tired,” Abby said weakly. Andrew started crying again. He put his arms around Abby and carried her to her bed. He settled her in and ran his hand through her hair, pulling it away from her face.

“He got me good this time didn’t he?” Abby asked letting out a soft laugh to try and lighten the mood. It didn’t work. Abby started to fall asleep when Andrew walked away. A loud sound is heard as Andrew kicks a box in the far corner.

“Andrew,” Abby said not sure if he was going to hear her or not. Abby was relieved when she felt Andrew grab her hand.

“I’m here, I won’t leave you alone.” Andrew said. He kept repeating ‘I won’t leave you alone’ as he rubbed her hair. Abby slowly fell asleep feeling safe. That is how it should be, that is how she wanted it.
The sun woke Abby up. It was coming in through the little window, and she loved how it filled her attic room with life. Her head hurt, but nothing she couldn’t handle. Abby’s world stopped when she saw the blood. She knew it wasn’t hers. It was to fresh and there was too much. Abby had an idea of what happened, but didn’t want to admit it. Abby didn’t know what to do. Andrew was gone, and she had a bad feeling about it.
Days had gone by without Abby leaving the attic at all. For the first time in a long time, her dad hadn’t locked her in. This time it was her choice. How long had it been? Abby quickly made her way to the calendar. It didn’t surprise her when she tripped and fell while being blinded by the darkness around her.
‘I have to stay quiet,’ Abby thought to herself. The last thing she needed was to argue with her drunken dad. Abby knew she had to find Andrew, but she didn’t know where to look. The first thing she would have to do would be escape from her house.
Abby knew if she wanted Andrew, she would have to go to him. After everything she didn’t except him to forgive her, but she knew he would. Abby climbed into bed. It wouldn’t take long for her dad to pass out, and then she would leave. She only had to wait. That night, Abby slept with her shoes on.


The author's comments:
This is a little section of a bigger story I have been working on. This is the first story I have written, it is what got me started.