Glowing

I run down to the same beach we walked but there is no longer a magical pulse in the footprints we left and the flowers have bloomed this year but they are different. Even the winding driveway down to your house doesn’t seem nearly as crooked. I’m a year older. I’m a year sadder. I’m a year happier.

I always reach the sandy lot and the boulders but I never set foot on the sand we danced on. The sand we kissed on. The we stood on when I told you I loved you. I didn’t mean it then, but I promise you I mean it now.

Being on this beach is opening a door to a memory and erasing you from it. Being here feels like taking everything back. It breaks my heart but I slide into a slump on the ground anyway. Maybe if I sit here and stare into the unbreaking horizon long enough, you’ll appear by my side. And every time I look over, I swear to god it’s glowing.

waiting_to_be_found said...
May 23, 2010 at 11:01 am:
Okay, the idea is really good, and your descriptions are good as well! It needs a bit of editing, but i really life it.

HannaleiighThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 28, 2010 at 5:27 am :

Hello, the choppy grammar is something I did on purpose. Nothing needs to be perfect in poetry, and I like the flowing of the words and images.

Thank you, though!

chrisgirl13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 22, 2010 at 8:30 pm:
I love it! It makes me think. When I read this, I think about lost friends. You obviously put a lot of effort into it. Well done.

J. Rae said...
May 22, 2010 at 10:28 am:

Wow! THAT WAS AWESOME! 

You left out some commas in the first sentance though.

soccercrazy said...
May 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm:
oh my god! i'm speechless!! this is wonderful!!! =D

chrisgirl13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 11, 2010 at 6:05 pm :

I know. I felt speechless when I read it too. It was so thoughtful, a real work of art.