The First Time Your Heart Is Broken | Teen Ink

The First Time Your Heart Is Broken

By morgan E. HAYNES BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois
morgan E. HAYNES BRONZE, Mount Prospect, Illinois

You’re in love. It’s an amazing feeling and you think it will never end. You are head over heals in love. You do everything together and you are inseparable. He holds you hand and you feel weak in the knees. You get butterflies in your stomach every time you just see his sweet face. He whispers things you like to hear and he tells you that he loves you. You cuddle in his arms and feel like you’re on top of the world.
The first time your heart is broken will be the one of the hardest things to deal with in your young life. It’s like a knife piercing through your heart, cutting it clear in half. You may think that you were in love with this boy but let’s face it, your fifteen years old. You don’t really know what love it. You don’t know what it entails. It is trust and compassion and truly caring for that person while not thinking about what others may think of your relationship. Once that relationship is over you need to understand that it is not the end of the world. You have your whole life to live kid. You will fall in love and you will break up if they aren’t the right one. You will find the right one out there.
Trust me hun, love is rough. Love will swallow you whole and then spit you up. He will tell you anything you want to hear. He is a guy. Guys really only have one objective in mind and us girls never want to accept it. We continue thinking that he’s different. I’m telling you right now that he is not different than anyone else. The smartest thing you can do for yourself is realize that guys are scheming little boys

that do things in their favor. It is tough to find that one in a million guy that is perfect. He may seem like a good guy at first but you have to really start to get to know him before you can trust him with your heart. You have to know that you know all of him before you give him all of you. Protect your heart and your soul and hold your key to that love lock and don’t give it do anyone who doesn’t deserve it. Only someone special deserves your heart and your soul.

Another thing to protect yourself from if you ever get your heart broken is your virginity. Breaking up with the person you lost your virginity to, is the hardest thing you will ever have to go through. That’s why you should wait for that special someone to give it to. Preferably your husband when you get married. Then you will know for sure that you have the right person in your life.
Things to help you once you have broken up: Get some ice cream and get your girl friends together and talk about boys. But don’t talk about your boy. Talk about other boys your interested. If that fails watch a movie with them. Preferably not a mushy love story type movie. That will put you in a worse mood about your love life. Just remember that guys should not consume your life. There are tons of other things that are important like school and the rest of your life. Boy are great but they are not everything.

My life has inspired me to write this. My troubles with my love life has inspired me to write to other girls about how to know when you should give your heart to a guy.