My Blue Bird. My Angel | Teen Ink

My Blue Bird. My Angel

April 8, 2010
By MonayDanielle GOLD, Milpitas, California
MonayDanielle GOLD, Milpitas, California
14 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is Lost in Paradise"


Genesis 8:1-8"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' ““You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.”For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden."
Matthew 27:50 "And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and gave up his spirit."

Close to death. I close my eyes hoping that something wonderful will happen. The bright fire like sun hits my eyes. I look around. Small innocent children are smiling and giggling. Grown adults are gossiping and chatting. Rebellious teens trying to start something and hanging out. The kind looking, beautiful, sweet blue birds sing a sweet light tune. I smile and take the first step out the door. I walk down the street the sky cloudless. The grass green to perfection. But then I realize this is not normal this is strange. The happiness I once felt was gone. There was a change in me instantly.

I see an apple tree in the middle of the street. Millions of fresh sweet juicy red apples on the branches of the tree. So many I lose count. I wake closer the tree. The sky suddenly change colors so indifferent I could barely believe it. A few more steps closer. The grass is a horrible color. I few more steps. Children crying adults fighting teens doing drugs. What was this tree? A step closer and a huge beautiful red bird lands on the ground next to me. This tree was not a good thing. Was it? This tree it is pure evil.

The bird cocks its big head towards me. A small ugly blue bird lands on my shoulder. He cocks his head at me too. I look at the huge red one and back at the tiny blue one. A face of confusion grows upon my face. I wonder. I take a step closer to the big red bird. The blue bird flaps its wings but does not go anywhere. The red bird sings a beautiful song. I step closer. I hear a growling sound in my stomach. I am hunger. I step the closest I could to the tree. The blue bird goes insane. Crazy. I look at him with a cocked head.

My hand rises to the biggest apple I see. I pull on the apple with great force. It does not rip off until the red bird helps me pull it off. The blue bird is going insane. He is ripping his feathers off. Sing the worst song I could ever hear and flying everywhere. What is wrong I ask myself? My stomach growls again I open my mouth to take a bit out of the apple. It’s the sweetest taste I have ever had. It tastes like sugar. Sweet, sweet sugar. I suddenly drop the apple and turn to the blue bird he is on the ground. Dead. I look at the red bird in concern. But he is nowhere to be found.

I look around the street all the children, teens, and adults are gone. I am alone. Dead alone. I faint to the ground. And once my eyes open. I see everything. Everything is clear. I cry. What have I done? How could I have done this? The tears cascade to the pavement. I blink. The bright sunny day is gone. Clouds cover the sky. It rains, not water. Blood. I am drenched in blood. It is covering me. The children, teens, and adults come back out and dance in the rain. The world is covered with this thick red substance. I feel better. Like my mistakes are gone. I look up at the tree. It is gone. I lay down, me and my life. And I let the blood cover me completely. I smile. It is all gone. My sin GONE.


The author's comments:
people should gett that God will love you if you lay your life down for him. he has covered your sin with his son's blood. no matter how bad you mess up. he loves you.