10,000 wildcats | Teen Ink

10,000 wildcats

April 1, 2010
By packmatt SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
packmatt SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They are the only ones who value me. I am not the only one who values them. 10,000 purple wildcats with sharp teeth and loud mouths like mine. 10,000 who are wildcats and belong here. 10,000 raggedy excuses for only one loss. From our homes we can hear them, but that does not stop them.

Their strength is pride. They send opposing teams back their home. They grow up and they stand tall and scream loud for all of the 40 minutes. They bite their lips during each free throw. This is why they are Wildcats.

They don’t let any one forget a win, for they will all drop like leaves on a tree. Each with their arms locked together sing the fight song. Fight, Fight, Fight, Faithful to their colors. They teach.

When I am sad and upset they keep on fighting, when their backs are up against the wall. Then it is time for them to fight back and win. When they have giving everything they have, they will cheer louder. 10,000 who bleed the purple. 10,000 who will not be forgot. 10,000 reasons to be a wildcat.

The author's comments:
lkj